Pesto Pasta Salad
Summer is here…which means hot food is behind us, right? Ehhhhh. Probably not. But if it’s too hot for a hot bowl of pasta today, try this pasta salad instead! It is truly delightful. Pesto is the perfect condiment for any summer side dish or main dish, especially if your garden is overflowing with basil and you want to make your own. I don’t have a garden because I have a hard time even taking care of myself these days, so store bought for me, but you get the gist. Just make the pasta. You’ll love it. I promise.
It feels so nice to feel inspired in the kitchen again. My appetite has been so off during pregnancy and cooking has been a struggle. And that means getting creative has felt close to impossible. I’m just not a person who can fake that. I need to be happy, excited, and HUNGRY to be able to create new recipes. And luckily I’m finally there. People talk about feeling amazing in the second trimester, but it’s the third for me. I can finally eat, sleep, and do (most) things like I did before. The word most is probably stretching it, but I can at least work and enjoy my day most days. It also helps that I have only 46 days until my due date…but who’s counting. Yes, I know that there is a good chance that I will go past my due date, but no need to talk about that. No need. Give me that light and the end of the tunnel! Give me that finish line! 46 more days until I’M NOT PREGNANT.
It’s going to be SO interesting navigating this new life after our little girl comes. What will work be like? What will energy be like? What will life be like? It’s so easy to jump to conclusions based on other people’s lives, but no one person’s experience is the same, so I know mine will be just as unique. I’ve been working my ass off to try to get as much prepped as possible before she comes, but there is really only so much you can do and prep for something you’ve never experienced. What a wild and exciting time! I’m just so fucking excited. Excited to no longer be pregnant, excited to see what she looks like, excited for a new chapter filled with ups and downs. I’m pumped. And that new life is only 46…ish days away. So wild.
Speaking of pregnancy, I’m hungry again. Bye!
Pesto Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 12oz gluten free pasta
- 1 (15oz) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to directions. When draining, reserve 3 tablespoons of pasta water. Rinse pasta under cool water then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beans, arugula, basil, sundried tomatoes, mayo, pesto, reserved pasta water, lemon juice, coarse salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, then mix to combined.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add pine nuts and toast for about 4-5 minutes, tossing frequently to keep from burning.
- Taste your pasta to see if it needs any more salt or lemon juice – this will be per your preference. Now eat up and enjoy your life!
What I Used to Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!