Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken & Potatoes (cooking video!)
NEW COOKING VIDEO :
The whole point of sheet pan meals is to make your life easier. And when you look at this recipe, you may feel like there are too many steps. But I promise you, the only step that really is a pain in the ass is peeling the garlic. It’s super annoying. So here’s what I recommend – either do that step ahead of time OR buy already peeled garlic cloves. This will free up so much time and you won’t have to go to bed with your hands smelling like garlic. I really should have thought about that before I recorded this cooking video. Way to go Juli.
On a completely unrelated note, I think I need a dog whisperer. My dog has established a bad habit that I’m not a fan of. Every night at about 1am, he whines at our bedroom door in hopes of someone getting up with him to go sleep on the couch. This most likely happened because I have random nights where I wake up DRENCHED in sweat and can’t go back to bed because it feels like I peed myself. So I change into dry clothes then go out to the couch to finish the night…and Jackson follows. Then when we were in New Zealand, my SIL stayed at our house with Jackson where he got quite comfortable sleeping in our bed with her. Now all Jackson wants is to cuddle with any human that will offer. The problem is, I like sleeping way more than cuddling. And I’m definitely not a fan of a whining dog.
Because of this frustrating behavior, we decided to grab him some CBD dog treats at our local pet store. When we give him a CBD treat at night, he usually gets up once, whines, then I can get him back to his bed and he won’t wake up until I do. But when I don’t give him a CBD treat, it’s constant whining all night long. Pretty interesting how well they work. And that really shouldn’t be interesting because I experience the same thing. If I take CBD at night, I sleep all through the night (unless a dog is whining in my ear). If I don’t take it, I have a much harder time falling asleep. Anywho, CBD for the win. Now I think I may need to invest in some $0.50 ear plugs in the meantime until this habit is completely broken. Not a fan.
Oh BTW, this recipe is totally inspired by a recipe I had at a friends house a couple months ago. The recipe came from a cookbook called Dinner and it was a Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken dish. It was phenomenal and it got me super excited to try more sheet pan dinner. And since a Spanish chicken and potatoes dish has been on my list for a while now, I melted the two ideas together and BOOM. Here we are. Honestly, I’d love to keep chatting but my nails are so sketchy long right now, I’m having a hard time typing this post up. Gross. So we will have to leave off here and chat later. Cool? Cool.
Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken & Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 pounds of skin on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 4–6 gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 bulb of garlic, cloves removed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 leeks, greens removed, cleaned, and thinly sliced
- 3 chorizo sausages, sliced
- ¼ cup green olives, halved
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, heat up ghee and saffron for about 3-4 mintues, until the saffron becomes fragrant.
- Place chicken thighs and drumsticks, potatoes and garlic cloves on a baking sheet.
- Mix together all spices in a small bowl. Using a basting brush, brush everything on the sheet pan with about half of the saffron ghee. Then sprinkle half of the spice mixture on top of everything throughout the baking sheet. Then place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 400 degrees F.
- Add the leeks throughout along with the chorizo sausage. Then brush the remaining saffron ghee on top of everything and sprinkle the rest of the spice mixture on top. Place back in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the potoates are fork tender.
- Top everything with green olives, chopped parsley and cilantro, and serve alongside lime wedges to squeeze on top before eating up!
More Sheet Pan Meals!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!