It’s freezing here. Just freezing cold. And I’m completely ready for this snow season to be over. Spring is the best time of year in Colorado. Truly. It’s absolutely gorgeous. And when you’re close to the greatest park in Denver like I am, you appreciate and adore the spring time even more. But while Colorado is deciding if it wants to be warm and sunny again, I’m going to travel to Austin, TX where it is 75-80 degrees out. Beautiful.
What dress am I going to pack? Oh gosh.
As you’re reading this, I’m probably on my way out there. I’ve never been to Austin so I’m pretty excited what the town has available…meaning what kind of food I can try. All I hear about Austin is how amazing the food is out there, so I’m ready. I’ve expanded my stomach, bought aprons to wear, and colored my hair. But I colored my hair about a week ago so it’s already time to dye my roots. Damnit. Stupid blonde hair. I HATE YOU.
I watched the show ‘The Following’ the other night. That sh*t is kind of addicting. I thought it was way scarier than it actually is. And I don’t really like scary. Who likes being scared? Weirdos. The last time I went in a haunted house, I wet myself. I was in high school at the time. Anywho, I already want to watch that show again. And have you ever watched the show ‘Shameless’. Obsessed with that too. Not sure how I became obsessed with these weird shows. They don’t hold a coin to ‘New Girl’. That’s totally not how the saying goes, is it? Damnit.
I am really over this whole basketball thing. I watched way more basketball than I would ever like to in my entire life, the other day. At least 45 minutes. It’s so boring. I don’t know how people get into it. I went to a hockey game about a week ago and I can see why people like that. It goes by fast, it’s over before you know it, and people get in fights. I get it. But basketball, come on. So boring.
Remember when I made Thanksgiving Bacon and Chive Sweet Potato Biscuits? And how some of you thought they were delicious. Well, I made the same ones but with shrimp and jalapeño. Why? Because it seemed like the right thing to do with biscuits and gravy. Yes, there is a gravy coming to you for these biscuits by the end of the week. Just you wait.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Pork holes in your sweet potato with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 or until soft.
- Once the sweet potato is done baking, turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- When your sweet potato is done, peel and place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Then add in your eggs and mix well with your sweet potato. Then add in your bacon fat and mix well.
- Then your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Finally add your diced cooked and diced shrimp and jalapeños. Mix thoroughly
- Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scoop to drop your biscuits on the sheet, for the perfect shape. Try to make them all equal in size so they cook the same.
- Place in oven and bake for 22-27 minutes.
- Let rest.
- Top with some melted grass fed butter. You don’t have to, since it’s not paleo, but I did it, and it was delicious.
- Eat with gravy. What gravy? Wait until later this week!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Fish/Seafood / Veggies