Guest Post: Spicy Breakfast Stew (with the perfect poached egg)
I have, yet again, ANOTHER amazing blogger!! I actually found Lexi’s blog via instagram, which is pretty awesome. Lexi’s Clean Kitchen has recipes for the clean eater that absolutely loves food. From pancakes to cookies to soups to scones, she’s has it all. With some amazing photography (which I love!). Check out her website and this fantastic recipe below. I will definitely be trying this one since it is -6 degrees in CO right now.
Good morning, PaleOMG’ers! I’m Lexi from over at Lexi’s Clean Kitchen and I’m so happy to be here on Juli’s site today sharing this delicious breakfast stew with you!
The holiday season approaching undoubtedly means that the weather is getting colder. So, waking up to a hot breakfast on a cold morning is just a win all around. This stew is meaty, flavorful, and topped with the perfect poached egg, a go-to breakfast/brunch on a weekend morning (or even one night for dinner)!
Be sure to check out more of Lexi’s amazing recipes. She has banana bread donuts and apple cider donut holes that are calling my name right now. Lexi is a healthy food blogger who shares gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo recipes that are seasonal and simple to prepare. Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is a blog that aims to help others achieve a balanced lifestyle- free of limitations! For more creative recipes, seasonal food ideas, and health and fitness tips, find her on:Print
Spicy Breakfast Stew (with the perfect poached egg)
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2 organic chorizo chicken sausages, finely chopped
- 4 pieces crispy nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- Optional: 1 handful spinach
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Optional: 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 tsp vinegar
For the Stew
- Heat oil and garlic in a medium-sized pot
- Add sliced onions and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent
- Add in chopped sausage and cook, mixing often, until sausage is fully cooked
- In a pan or in the microwave, cook bacon until crispy; pat and set aside
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, and spices into the pot and mix
- Add spinach (if desired), reduce heat to a simmer
For the Poached Egg
- Heat 3 cups water and add in a dash of vinegar
- Crack 1 egg into a ramekin
- Right before boiling, use a spoon and swirl the water
- Drop the egg into the water (don’t freak, it’ll look a little crazy for a minute)
- Carefully spoon out poached egg and serve over stew
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!