Posted by https://paleomg.com/spicy-candied-brussels-sprouts/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Spicy Candied Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 10 ounces brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- lemon zest, for garnishing
- Place bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy then remove and set aside. Remove excess bacon fat, leaving behind about 3-4 tablespoons in the pan.
- Place brussels sprouts cut side down in the pan and sprinkle with salt. Let brussels sprouts cook for about 4-5 minutes, until completely browned then turn over and repeat. Sprinkle with a bit more salt and garlic powder.
- Once cooked on both sides, reduce heat to medium-low then pour balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, and maple syrup into the pan, move around the brussels sprouts then let cook for 3-4 minutes, until the balsamic vinegar thickens then add bacon back to the pan and mix.
- Garnish with lemon zest before serving.