Posted by https://paleomg.com/steak-tips-hash/
© 2017 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the marinade
For the veggie hash
- 3 cups diced white sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee
- salt, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- green onions, for garnish
- Place steak tips in a shallow bowl then whisk together the rest of the ingredients for the marinade. Pour marinade over steak tips, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 8 or more hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, toss sweet potatoes in melted ghee and sprinkle with salt and place evenly throughout the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing them half way through to help brown on all sides.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, place a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of ghee to the pan and once it is very hot, use tongs to place steak tips in the pan, making sure not to crowd the pan. This will let the beef brown and cook evenly, without steaming it. Cook steak on both sides for 2-3 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the steak tips. Once cooked to your liking, place on a plate and set aside. Repeat until all beef is cooked through.
- Once beef is done, add another 1-2 tablespoon of ghee to the pan (if needed) then add the bell peppers and onions. Toss and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent and peppers are slightly browned. Then add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Lastly, add the sweet potatoes and the beef to the cast iron skillet with the veggies and cook for another 2 minutes to warm everything through and combined.
- Garnish with green onions and serve it up!