I’m getting more cynical as I age. And I hate that. I hate pessimistic people and I always try my best to not be anything like them. I like to make jokes and I may seem pessimistic at times, but I’m really a super happy person. But as I get older, as I see more people’s true colors, as I get more negative emails and comments on my blog and on social media…I can’t help but feel negative towards the world. We live in such a hateful world now and people are constantly saying we need to come together…but even this political race is pulling people even further apart.
So I’ve been searching for ways to find the positive and find the light when it feels like so much darkness. And believe me, there is A LOT of light. I get so many amazing emails and comments and feedback, but I can’t help but drown sometimes in the negativity. It’s weird how we are like that as human. So I think I need something stuff…
- To go on a vacation with no cell reception. That may happen with Lake Powell. Fingers crossed because LP is probably one of my favorite places on earth. And it makes me feel like all is right in the world. But I also have little girls trips coming up this month that will hopefully bring me back to happy JuJu.
- I think I need to listen to fun podcasts that make me laugh. I pretty much have the TV on ALL day just on the food network or cooking channel in hopes of food inspiration, but it doesn’t make me laugh much. I need to laugh more often and be reminded of the happy, bubbly people out there, all while not watching crap TV. Except for the Bachelorette…that’s a must…obviously.
- I need to do yoga. I need to get in tune with my zen side. My friend even sent me 2 free weeks of yoga! Now…I just need a yoga mat to make it official and pull the trigger.
- I don’t know what else. That’s where I need you to come in! What do you do to destress and stay positive when there are things dragging you down? How do you continue to conquer on?!
In case you haven’t seen my Pacific Foods inspired recipes yet, I’ve shared Shrimp & Zucchini Pad Thai, Simple Summer Squash Soup, and Coconut Thai Iced Tea all inspired by products from Pacific Foods!
Today I’m using their unsweetened almond milk to make this delicious and simple strawberry milk! The almond milk is slight sweet and nutty with no unnecessary sugar! If you are new to non-dairy milk, it is high in vitamin E but low in protein. I use their almond milks and other alternative milks in smoothies, blended coffees and protein drinks! You can find the other non-dairy drinks that Pacific Foods has to offer at your local grocery shop or here!
- Place strawberries, maple sugar and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat and mix until the sugar begins to melt and the strawberries begin to break down, about 10 minutes.
- Add mixture to a blender and blend until smooth then run through a sieve to strain out the seeds.
- Place in fridge to cool completely.
- Mix strawberry syrup with almond milk and serve!
In Partnership With:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
Drinks / Fruit / Vegetarian