Piña Colada Protein Shake
Are you ever pissed you aren’t Beyonce? I am. She just slays it. All day errrrrrday. Watching her on tour right now makes me want to join a hip hop class and start dancing for another exercise routine. I don’t know where the hell I would go for adult hip hop class and I know I would be humiliated trying it, but I still want to do it. Back in my clubbin’ days, I would dance so hard that I would leave daclub with my hair completely soaked in sweat and jeans 5 sizes too big from all the butt and crotch sweat going on. Sweet image, eh? Those days were seriously so bomb.
Guess what? I have 2 consultations this week for Invisalign. One of my best friends sent me a link to a faster route: clear braces. I swiftly gave her a “hell no” and went straight back to searching for affordable orthodontist. Even though that doesn’t exist. So I’m going to talk to 2 different places and get a couple quotes and hopefully start the long road to straighter teeth by next week! Thanks for all your suggestions and mentioning price a couple times, it’s been super helpful with figuring out what I should be paying. Especially since I don’t have dental insurance. Sad face emoji.
Who is pumped about Cinco de Mayo this week?! I’m really excited about any holiday that has to do with food. Because then my job is more fun. This recipe was more so inspired by my recent trip to Jamaica. We had piña coladas on a regular basis there so I thought bringing it back in the form of a healthy post workout treat sounded like a wonderful idea. But if you don’t want this to be as healthy, you can totally add some rum to the mix to make it a real deal piña colada. The choice is yours, you smart adult, you.
Be sure to check the blog tomorrow and Thursday for two more Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes AND a round up of even more recipes that you just MUST try. Okokokokokokok. Ok.Print
Piña Colada Protein Shake
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen cubed pineapple
- 2/3 cup coconut cream (the thick cream that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup almond milk (depending how thick you want your shake)
- 2 tablespoons [url]collagen∞http://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Collagen-Hydrolysate/dp/B005KG7EDU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1462243163&sr=8-1&keywords=great+lakes+gelatin[/url] or [url]vanilla Primal Fuel∞https://hp224.isrefer.com/go/kitchen/paleomg/[/url]
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients for the shake in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in two glasses. Or one. Then drink it.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!