Thai Curry Meatballs
If you’re new around here – hello, I’m Juli and I want my last meal to be Thai curry. If I could only eat curry for every single meal, I would be happy. Really happy. Whenever I get Thai for takeout, I eat it cold the next morning for breakfast. I love it any time of day, morning or night. It’s my happy meal. Some people prefer late night pizza, I prefer late night spicy coconut milk. Add some chicken in there and biiiiiiish, you got yourself the perfect meal. I think I need to put Thailand on my travel list soon. I need to experience the real thing. I need to burn my tastebuds off in a foreign country.
Speaking of happy meals, you know what really annoyed me the other day? Not trying to be all down in the dumps over here, but it bugged me. I found this post that talked about how the ingredients in McDonald’s food options differ country to country. And the US always has the worst ingredients in it. It bums me out. Especially in a time where health is so incredibly important and our country is talking about that every day. Obviously you’re not expecting healthy food when you go to McD’s, but I would expect the same ingredients in the burger here as it would be in the UK. The more I look into food regulations here, the more I get bummed out. It’s so weird it’s not the same everywhere. Right?
Well that conversation felt a bit heavy. How about we talk about something way more fun, like travel! I’m currently sitting in the United Club at DIA, about to board a flight in 15 minutes to San Antonio! I’m also listening to a podcast episode about drugs. What a fun time. I have two trips this month, San Antonio and Utah, and I definitely have the travel bug again. I want to get back out there and explore more. I have New York coming up then Sedona, but then I’m ready to leave the country. Maybe somewhere new in Costa Rica? I just want to see different places, experience different cultures, and soak in every second away from home. Traveling is the best, especially during Colorado winters (which aren’t bad, but I still hate them). Jeez, do I have a bad attitude today or something? Time to wash that attitude away by seeing my girlfriends in San Antonio and celebrating my friends latest book launch. It’s gonna be good!
Thai Curry Meatballs
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
For the rice
- 1 batch of instant pot rice
For the meatballs
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
For the curry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make instant pot rice.
- While the rice is cooking, add all the ingredients for the meatballs to a bowl and mix to combined. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 16-18 meatballs. Round them into balls with your hands then place on the baking sheet. Place in oven to bake for 8-10 minutes or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Once the meatballs go in the oven, place a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with a little avocado oil spray then bell pepper and mushrooms. Add in a pinch of salt and sauté for 5-8 minutes, until tender. Add curry paste and coconut milk, and whisk to break up the curry paste. Let the coconut milk mixture come to a boil then reduce to thicken, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and let wilt for 1 minutes.
- Add the rice to a bowl along with meatballs, then top with curry sauce, green onions, cilantro, and black sesame seeds before serving!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!