Red Thai Curry Gnocchi
Nothing in the world is more comforting than a big bowl of curry, in my humble yet very correct opinion. Curry is what I want to eat for my last meal. And since I’m a realist and know that I could pass on at any moment, I try to consume curry as often as possible. Which is problematic since my husband can’t do coconut milk. It’s a sticking point in our marriage. Since it was my birthday this week, I went to town on curry. Then had it for leftovers. Then had it again for lunch today. And will eat it again tomorrow. That way, if I’m on my death bed at any point in the near future, I won’t have any regrets. Life is all about choices and I choose curry.
Honestly, what the hell am I even talking about?
I feel like I haven’t talked things out with you in a while. It has been go-go-go over here. Over the weekend I was recording videos for my upcoming bodyweight program that will launch in May, then we had birthday celebrations, curry, and then I launched my newest PaleOMG activewear collection, all while battling acne that refuses to quit. Quarantine acne is REAL. And it can go straight to hell. And with all of this craziness going on, I am all kinds of behind with talking to you guys. I haven’t been able to respond to social media comments or messages, and I haven’t even been able to keep up with comments here on the blog. Quarantine life has made me busier than ever and I’m kind of in to it. Sure, I would love to go to a restaurant and actually sit in it, but I also thrive when never having to leave my home. I’m a Taurus. Taurus need nice things, food, and social separation.
How’s quarantine life treating you? It’s been so interesting talking to all my friends and hearing how they are dealing with it. Some are going insane and feeling so bored or lonely, and others are thriving. Nothing much has changed in my day other than not being able to sit in my favorite coffee shop. But I still go in there every.single.day with a mask on and get my favorite coffee and treat to support them. I do miss going to malls, which is weird because malls are the worst. But one thing I am trying to do while in quarantine is get our outdoor area feeling welcoming and comfortable. So I just bought these Patio Egg Chairs and this Striped Modern Rug. Now I need to find a sweet coffee table and some sort of artwork to go on the wall of our house, behind the chairs. Any idea? I’m not a big tchotchke kind of guy and I need something that will hold up to the elements. Whatcha got? You guys always have the best ideas!
Now excuse me…I need my afternoon curry snack.
Red Thai Curry Gnocchi
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 12 ounces cauliflower gnocchi
- avocado oil spray
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 5.6 ounces red curry paste*
- 28 ounces canned full fat coconut milk
- 4 lime leaves, rolled (this helps release the fragrance)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, hit with the back of a knife (this helps release the fragrance)
- cilantro, to garnish
- Place frozen cauliflower gnocchi in the basket of a 6qt air fryer. Spray with avocado oil spray. Turn temperature up to 400 degrees F and time to 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is up, use tongs to flip each piece of gnocchi over, spray with avocado oil once more and cook for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, until crispy.
- Once the gnocchi starts cooking, place a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil, red onion, and red bell pepper to the pan and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic powder. After cooking for 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the red curry paste to the pan and use a spatula to mix around the hot pan for 1 minute. Then add the coconut milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lime leaves, and lemongrass. Mix to combined then bring to a low boil and let reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Once the curry has reduced, remove the lemongrass and lime leaves before serving, then add the gnocchi and garnish with cilantro on top!
*I love Mike’s Curry Love Red Curry Paste
You Might Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!