SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
I think we all go through ups and downs in workouts. Whether we aren’t motivated or we don’t feel 100% in the gym or we just have too much on the mind to get much work done. It was one of those weeks for me. I’ve had a ton of things on my mind this past week, I’m working on a project, and I was just still getting back to real life after vacation. So every workout was a struggle. Thankfully, I very rarely don’t go to the gym when I don’t want to. The gym is the only thing that makes me feel better when something is off.
When I first started working out (before I found CrossFit) I hated going to the gym. It was a place I had to force myself to go to. It took me a long time to teach my body and my mind that the gym was the best place for me when life was feeling all over the place. This week was not a fun week, but I made it into the gym every day that I was in town before I left for Pittsburgh today. Sometimes you have to remember what is best for your body. And even when you don’t want to go to the gym, still go. And since my body doesn’t change much while working out, I workout more so for my mine nowadays.
Sunday – Surfing in Lake Powell
Monday – Sitting in a car ALL DAY driving back from Lake Powell
- Snatch Pulls: 7 x 3 every 90 secs at 100% of 1 rep Snatch weight
- Choose from the following: 5×3 weighted pull ups OR 5 x max effort strict pull ups OR 5 x 3 slow negatives — Between sets: 5 sets of max effort L-Sits
- 5 rounds for time (10 min time cap): 6 power snatch (135/95) and 12 handstand push ups
I used 115#
I got 33 reps total
I finished in 7:42 using 75#
- Every 30 seconds for 7 minutes: High Hang Squat Snatch into an Overhead Squat at 75%
- Push Press: 5×5 with 2 second pause overhead, adding each set
- 9 minute AMRAP: 200 m run, 20 hand release push ups, 15 pull ups
I did the 7 minutes at 95#
I got to 115#
I got 3 rounds as Rx
- Back Squats: 6@ 65%, 6 @ 70%, 4 @ 75%, 4 @ 80%, 4 @ 85% every 2 minutes
- 5 x Max Effort Ring Dips / Holds and 30sec of handstand walking
- For Time: 30 calorie row, 30 bar facing burpees, and 30 hang power cleans (135,95)
I did 125#, 135#, 145#, 155#, 155#
I didn’t really do the ring dips. They hurt my boobs. It doesn’t feel right, so I don’t do it.
I finished the workout in 6:09 at Rx
- 14 minutes to find a 1 rep max for power clean
- 500 m row – all out sprint
- For Time: 400m run then 3 rounds of: 20 dumbbell snatch and 50 double unders
I got 155#
I finished my row in 1:50
I finished the workout in 8:49 using 35# dumbbell
- Partner row – 3000m for men/2800m for women – must change every 250/200m and the person not rowing must hold 55/35 pound KB in waiter position during the row
- 10 minutes AMRAP: 10 deadlift (225,155) and 20 wall balls (20/14)
We finished in 13:05 using 35#
I got 5 rounds + 3 reps at 125# and 14#
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!