I swear I eat food other than sweets. I swear. Kind of.
I had another CrossFit cert this weekend. CrossFit kids. Which is weird, since I don’t like kids. At all. I like teenagers. No wait, I like CrossFit teenagers. Like my friend Addie. She’s epic. She’s 17, 95lbs, and got 64 reps at wod 12.2. That means she did 30 snatches at 45lbs, 30 snatches at 75lbs, and 4 snatches at 100lbs. She snatched OVER HER BODY WEIGHT. That is ridiculously incredible. I love CrossFit teenagers. Ok, mainly just her.
Guess what I’m doing this week?! Going to Boston! Well then to New Hampshire. More New Hampshire than Boston. I’ll be working with AgainFaster making some cooking videos! How fun is that!? If you didn’t know, I write a monthly blog post for them! I like to talk about body stuff and CrossFit stuff. You know, the best stuff.
Ok, we need to talk about something. I didn’t eat chocolate for a long, long time. A long time for me at least. Like 4 or 5 weeks. I was suppose to go until after the open, but I gave in. I got sick of it. I had a bet that I wouldn’t eat chocolate until after the CrossFit Open and threw it all out the door with one week left. Failure to the max. But I really didn’t care. It was heaven. I got dark chocolate covered walnuts and was instantly a better person. Meaning more fun to be around.
How was your St. Patty’s Day?! Was it filled with booze? Mine was spent at my parents house then on the couch watching movies on the Oxygen channel. But when I woke up early on Sunday morning, and there were literally 3 souls in the park versus the normal thousands, I was quite happy everyone was hungover. And not me. It’s so strange to me that we have built in drinking holidays. No, they weren’t created specifically for that most likely, but that’s what they’ve turned into. Have you ever heard someone say you’re either a alcohol person or a food person? I’m SOOOOOOOO a food person. I’d much MUCH rather consume my calories from a dead animal versus fermented grapes. Alcohol tastes like ass, dark chocolate tastes like pure heaven. Factual info right there.
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅛ cup cashew butter
- ⅛ cup maple syrup/agave/ or raw honey
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a large bowl to first mix all your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Then mix your wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, cashew butter, sweetener, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
- Line 6 muffin liners with silicone muffin cups or paper muffins liners, place batter evenly in cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, add your glaze ingredients to a bowl, place in the microwave for around 1 minutes, then stir until chocolate chips are combined.
- Pour over top of cupcakes!