I’m kind of a copycat. These are pretty dang close to my Sweet Potato Brownies, minus the sweet potato. Just trust me ok? I honestly don’t think they are QUITE as good as the sweet potato brownies, but still pretty damn delicious. And I love them right now because they have no nuts in them. And I’ve said goodbye to nuts for the time being. We’ve parted ways. I do shed some tears at times thinking about it.
Ok, I have some big things to talk about. BIG things.
First and foremost, I need to introduce you all to an awesome guy. His name is Ben, or you can call him ‘That Burpee Guy’. He is trying to raise money for Children’s Hospital Foundations Australia (CHFA) and is doing so by doing a burpees every single day. Each day of the year he adds one burpee to the previous day’s total until the 31st December 2012 when I will complete 366 burpees to finish the Challenge. Well, being the awesome guy he is, he did burpees in honor of PaleOMG. 165 to be exact! Check out his video on YouTube and check out his cause! I asked if he would do dancing burpees. And he did. What a stud! We gotta support what this guy is doing! Please check out his stuff!!
Now onto the second big thing!
Today, Wednesday June 20th, I will be speaking on the radio station Primal Diet – Modern Health with Beverly Meyer at 11am CST. We will be chatting about how to cook without starches or dairy! Should be fun chat. I’m so excited to be invited on her show, especially since she has chatted with people like Sarah Fragoso from Everyday Paleo, who was one of my inspirations to start a blog! You’ll be able to listen live on Voice America or be able to download it on itunes later! Be sure to check it out. You can hear how weird my voice is.
Now for the last exciting news. Don’t stop reading now, you’re almost there.
If you are a woman AND in the Colorado area, this news is for you! At CrossFit Jai in the Highlands, I will be hosting an All Women’s Lifting Seminar on Saturday June 30th from 12-2pm. We will be reviewing the clean & jerk and snatch and learning a ton of progressions of the movements. If you were intimidated by lifting or just want to get better at these lifts, this is the perfect class for you. This environment will be provide an encouraging atmosphere to learn and become more efficient with your CrossFit and lifting skills. Check out the link above to sign up! Any woman is welcome!
Ok I’m done with big things. These brownies are delicious. That’s pretty big.
- 1 banana
- 1.5 cups fresh cherries, cut in half and seeds removed
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your banana and 1 cup of cherries (leave out ½ cup of cherries for the filling) to your food processor. Puree banana and cherries until completely broken down.
- Add wet ingredients to a bowl: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs then pour in your pureed banana and cherries. Mix thoroughly.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Fold in your leftover diced cherries.
- Pour into an greased 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke at it.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
- I repeat, let rest to cool you stubborn food lover.