That’s a mouth full. A delicious one. No seriously, it’s super delicious.
So I know my blog is pretty lighthearted and I usually make a joke about everything, but I need to talk about something close to my heart today.
I am part of the CrossFit community. A community that is filled with some of the most amazing people I have ever met. The most caring, the most hard working, and the most loving people out there. After seeing my first CrossFit competition and watching the camaraderie of athletes as well as spectators, I knew I wanted to be part of it. After competing for less than a year, I met a man named Kevin Ogar. An incredibly strong, fast, and kind athlete and coach of CrossFit Unbroken. He was always extremely sweet to me and every other athlete that he met. This past Sunday, while Kevin Ogar was competing, in a freak accident he suffered a separated T11-T12 and severed his spinal cord. At this moment, he has no voluntary movement below the waist and has gone into surgery.
I wanted to share this information not only because I know what an amazing human being Kevin is, but because of what happened after the information was released: an outpouring of affection for this man. Every CrossFit website I came across, every post I saw on Facebook, was all for Kevin Ogar. Sharing their prayers and love for him, and creating a donation fund to help fund his surgery and recovery. The donation page can be found here. In 24 hours, around $80,000 was raised for this man. $80,000 because the CrossFit community cares so much about their people. People may call this community a cult, but all I have seen is people who love one and other and have tremendous respect for each other. I’m not one to put this sort of stuff on my blog, but I think people should know about this amazing community and Kevin’s story. Be grateful for what you have today. And give back to those who deserve it.
Thanks to everyone who is thinking of Kevin and supporting him during his struggle. It’s truly amazing to see how good people really can be.
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
- 1 cup nut butter (almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.)
- ¼ cup raw honey (or less depending on sweetness preference)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup rapsberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon almond or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bananas, nut butter, honey and eggs in a food processor or high speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Then add cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the food processor and puree until well combined.
- Add mixture to a large bowl and fold in chia seeds, raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan (9x5) and bake for 55-60 minutes.*
- Once bread is cooked through, let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a saucepan or in the microwave, mix together raspberries and honey until raspberries break apart.
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, mix together chocolate chips and almond milk until melted.
- Add both the raspberry mixture and melted chocolate on top of the banana bread in any design you would like! Cut and enjoy!
More Ways to Break in Your Loaf Pan:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!