So this little bite size idea was brought to you by an awesome reader. She emailed me with a non-paleo recipe of energy bites that were combined using oats and asked if I could come up with something! I love her. Well, oats make poop float in your bloodstream, and I personally don’t want that, so I came up with my own little version of energy bites. And they taste like heaven. Laura said she liked them because they weren’t overly sweet. I personally don’t think there is such thing as “overly sweet” but you get my flow.
OMG. I have the greatest news of the year. I caught a ball in kickball, on Tuesday. I, Juli B., caught a fly ball that a human being had kicked. Ok, if you have no idea why I think this is a big deal, you need to read some of my past posts. I don’t like balls sports. Or, really, sports in general. I like being in a kitchen. Or lifting a barbell over my head. But when a ball is flying my way, I freeze. Seriously seize up. So when a ball flew in my direction and there was no other teammate around me to take over, I had to do it. I had to put my arms out, say f*ck f*ck f*ck multiple times, and hope for the best. Luck obviously played in my favor that one play. Thank goodness or my kickball team would have thought I was even more inept than I already seem. Did I mention I have a really good looking team? Oh, I did. But seriously, wait until I get a picture for you guys, the men and women are straight up studs.
Have you watched The New Girl yet? You haven’t?! You’re dumb. It’s seriously absolutely hilarious. It’s one of those shows that you have to listen very carefully to because of all the good slip-in comments that bounce around throughout each episode. And it now has my new crushes in the newer episodes….Dermont Mulroney. F*ck he’s dreamy. Like, epic dreamy. I love him. I wish he’d wod with me.
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8-10 dried black figs, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip (minis) or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops Simply Pure Nutrients Recovery Fuel or protein powder of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (except for the chocolate chips)
- Turn food processor on.
- Let ingredients mix until dried figs are completely broken down and incorporated.
- Then add chocolate chips.
- Shape mixture into bite size balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to help harden.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge!
- Be merry.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!