I need to tell you something. Because I complain so much about being single. And the whole time I’ve written this blog, I’ve been single. And talked about being single. And complained about being single. And laughed about being single. And pouted about being single. Let’s just say, I’ve made it plenty clear that I was single.
But if you haven’t noticed, for a while now I haven’t been complaining. Or even talking about it. And you know why? Because I’m seeing someone now. He’s real cool, quite handsome, and he even likes my food. Major plus.
I’ve actually liked this guy for quite some time. Going on a year now. I even called him my crush at one point, which is embarrassing since he reads my blog regularly. And you’ve probably even seen him in a photo or two if you’ve followed my blog for a while. I’ve even instagrammed him. Yep, he’s cool enough to be instagrammed.
I thought long and hard about talking about this man, mostly because he’ll be reaaaaaal uncomfortable with me blogging about him. Because, well, what if we stop liking each other? That would be awkward. But I’m going to take the chance, and make him feel weird, because he’s definitely worth mentioning. And I like him quite a lot.
Ok, I’m done talking about relationships. They’re boring. Not mine, but most.
Guess what? I just booked my second trip to Lake Powell. NBD. Remember my first trip last summer? It was real wonderful, gorgeous, and relaxing. I can’t wait for this year. Mostly because this year I don’t have to worry about a CrossFit competition the week after I get back from the trip. AND, I plan on having more swimsuits. More swimsuits means happier time in the water. Just a fact.
Want to know another fact? Sergio is back to the States!! If you don’t know Sergio yet, he’s my best guy friend. He’s weirder and even more opinionated than me, so thank god he’s back so people can stop thinking I’m the weird one. Sergio’s been deployed in Afghanistan for the past 6 months, so having him back has been real awesome. I cried as soon as I saw him. I missed him a lot. Mostly because he’s one of the few people who has made me laugh so hard that I peed myself. Who doesn’t love those type of friends? And the other day, we got straight to doing what we do best. Eating. I made him his favorite from my blog, my banana bread. But I added chocolate chips, because…why wouldn’t you? It was delish. Now that he’s here, I’m going to have way more stories to write about.
For the cookies
- 1.5 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw honey (or other sweetener)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (or other dark chocolate chips)
For the ice cream
- Place all ingredients for your ice cream in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until completely mixed together. Then place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour or until completely cooled.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker and turn on.
- Once ice cream has thickened, place in a container and in the freezer to harden up a bit more while you make your cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl: almond meal, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and salt, then mix.
- Then in another bowl, mix the wet ingredients: eggs, honey, coconut oil and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scoop or spoon to pour equal size cookies onto your baking sheet. I would fill my ice cream up half way and that gave me 12 cookies, perfect sized.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Pull ice cream out of the freezer and use an ice cream scoop to place a scoop of ice cream between two cookies. (if ice cream is too hard, just place in the microwave for 30-45 seconds).
- Repeat. And eat.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!