Making brownies like these before 9 am is never a good idea. I was eating brownies with ice cream by 10 am. Not my most proudest moment.
So, I kind of think Kmart is creepy. No offense if you shop there, don’t hate me. But the last time I was in Kmart near my house looking for candy for our trip to Lake Powell, I noticed a super creepy looking guy wandering down the candy isle. So I waited at least 5 minutes before I went back down that isle, and thankfully, he had drunkenly wandered somewhere else. Once I checked out and left, I noticed he was being arrested. I’m guessing he tried to steal something, but I was just pumped it wasn’t me. Anywho, even though I don’t dig Kmart, I dig their commercials. They must be putting some good money into those. But this one is my favorite so far. It definitely caught my attention, but failed to get me in their store. Sorry Kmart.
I just got new Athleta capris and I’m in love. Even though I love my Lululemon wunder unders, they have become thinner and more see through. It’s quite a bummer. And when I’m in the gym and see half the women with see through pants while they do inch worms and deadlifts, it reminds me that I don’t want them to see my ass. I guess that’s me being professional, you know, because I’m such a professional in my workout pants every day. Actually, that’s me just me being considerate of others. Anywho, my new Athleta capris are thick, slimming and super comfortable to workout in. No Christina Aguilera Dirrty music video over here when I’m squattin’. I want to order a thousand more pairs of these.
Speaking of spandex, I had some amazing cookies yesterday. So the holidays are creepin’ up fast. Like, WHOA fast. I need to get holiday shopping done yesterday. Balls. Anywho, with the holidays creeping up, I’ve been thinking about cookies a lot more. Who am I kidding, I’ve been thinking about sweets a lot more. I go through phases all the time. It’s a sweets kind of phase right now. Probably because my roommates are burning candles that smell like sugar cookies. Either way, I want cookies bad. And thankfully, I have an answer. A cookie that looks AND tastes like the real deal. These cookies are from Gourmet Paleo. Your family won’t even know you’re eating paleo or feeding them paleo when you hand these out around the holidays. And the best part about it, if you use the discount code ‘paleomgcookies’ at check out, you will receive 15% off your order!! My favorite by far is the Chocolate Macadamia, but the Pecan Chocolate Chip is a close second. Now go taste the heaven!
- 13 dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- extra coconut oil, for greasing pan
- Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island Ice Cream or PaleOMG Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place 13 pitted dates in a food processor and pulse until the dates begin to bind and clump together
- Add coconut oil, eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract to the food process and puree until smooth
- Add cocoa powder, coconut flour, powder ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, baking soda and baking powder along with a pinch of salt and puree until completely combined and smooth
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish with extra coconut oil and then pour the brownie mixture into the baking dish and smooth out
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut brownies into 9-12 brownies then top with ice cream.