As you may know, I LOVE energy balls. I just love having 1-2 bite treats around the house that are satisfying and filling at the same time. Poppable treats? Yes please! But 1 energy ball often turns into 5…then 15…then sadness. So I make more!!
Well I’m off to Dallas today to see my lovely friend Cassy, get to know the city a little more, shoot some photos together and eat all the things! It’s a super fast trip and I’m home by dinner time on Saturday, but we have so much planned and I can’t wait to share this trip with you guys! I’ve been to Dallas about a milli times since my family is from there and I stopped there a couple times on book tour, so I’m excited to check out a new hotel and restaurants that I’ve never heard of!
I’m suuuuuuper pumped for the sunny weather in Dallas. Colorado just keeps teasing the sh*t out of us with a downfall of snow then 60 degrees the next day. And it’s windy all.the.time. Where the tits did all this wind come from? I’m over it. So I’m hoping Dallas is cozy and warm and has a minimal wind speed. Going out around cities is way more enjoyable when it’s warm out. I honestly like eating desserts more when it’s warm out, which is perfect since we are going to TWO dessert places. Squeeeeallll!
You guys. I have a new secret obsession – The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. My friend recently told me about it and I can’t stop watching. Something about British people talking about fancy desserts is kind of like a drug. Is that weird? Totally? Whatever. I’m in love. My husband has been going to bed earlier than usual nowadays since he’s been getting up so early, so I’ll flip on the baking show and wonder how I’ve never heard of 90% of the desserts they’re making. And it’s a reality show where they aren’t mean to each other and talk sh*t about each other. That kind of reality show is the best. I’m into happy people lately.
And since this post is COMPLETELY all over the place today, here’s one more thought for you…there is a dating app that sets you up with people based on your credit score. They say that since most problems in a marriage are caused by financial issues, this new dating app sets you up with others who have a similar credit score as yourself. How do you feel about that? It cuts out the discussion before it even has to come up. I think that part is super cool. But I’ve also heard that 50% of credit scores have an error on them. That’s depressing. No but seriously, I kind of love this app idea. If I were dating, I think that’s the only dating app that I would join. Who doesn’t love a financially responsible partner?! Tell me your thoughts!
- 1 cup raw cashew butter (8 ounces)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppyseeds
For the topping
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (except for the poppyseeds) and pulse until completely combine.
- Then fold in poppyseeds until combine. Place in fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop mixture then press mixture firmly in the cookie scoop. Remove then form ball with hands. Repeat until all mixture is gone, about 14-15 energy balls.
- Mix together the topping mixture then place each ball in the mixture and toss to lightly coat.
- Store in fridge until serving.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!