If you haven’t seen Steve’s Original sauces yet, you need to get with the program. Paleo sauces and dressings?! Yes please. When I got this Peach BBQ sauce, I had to figure out how to incorporate it into some of my food without the grill. Aka meatloaf. I love meatloaf. But I don’t love the almond flour that’s often in paleo meatloaf. So I removed the nuts and eggs, and just added more veggies. So this meatloaf doesn’t stand up perfectly when you slice into it, but it tastes delicious. Just trust me, and eat it. Asap.
I am so frustrated. The only thing I want out of life is to smell like clean laundry. And I wash my clothes more than you think. I use the good smelling detergent and delicious smelling dryer sheets, and, nothing. I smell like a normal human. I hate it. Seriously, the most attractive thing in a male is when they smell like clean clothes. Not cologne, no thank you. Just clean linens. I love clean linens.
Speaking of attractive males, I have new celebrity crushes. I don’t tend to have crushes (that’s a lie) but celebrity crushes seem more realistic since the men in real life here in Denver Colorado aren’t really crushin’ back. F*ckin’ guys. So my first and forever crush is John Krasinski. If you’re not sure who that is, he is in ‘The Office’ and ‘Something Borrowed’ and a ton of other movies. He’s funny. And real funny. And well, he’s dreamy.
And now my new crush is from the new movie ‘Pitch Perfect.’ Have you ever seen that movie? OMG. I LOVE it. Laura and I rented it onDemand twice last week. That’s $10 to watch it twice. Kind of stupid. We might as well buy it. But it just felt right. Skylar Astin is just the great. I freaking love a cappella singing. And he is just the greatest little a cappella actor ever. And he’s funny. Obviously, I’m into funny.
If you haven’t seen that movie, do it. I’m pretty sure it’s going to have a sequel so you might as well get obsessed with it, just like me. And with John. Gosh, I love you, John.
Wanna see a cool video to wrap up your Friday? Of course you do. Because it’s the video of the gym I work at. And I love my gym. And the people. And people working out in slowmo. Watch it right now!!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 (8oz) container of sliced mushrooms, diced
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup Steve's Original Paleo Chef Peach BBQ Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh tarragon, to garnish on top
- as much Steve's Original Paleo Chef Peach BBQ Sauce as you would like to top your meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Run your yellow onion and red pepper through the shredding attachment on your food processor to make your onion and pepper well minced.
- Add your onion and red pepper to a skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of fat in it and 2 minced garlic cloves. Cook down until onions are translucent.
- Then add your cooked onion and pepper to a large mixing bowl along with the ground turkey, mushrooms, ¼ cup BBQ sauce, 2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well with your hands until you get them well combined.
- Add mixture to two mini loaf pans (like I did) or one large one. Pack it down well to make sure everything stays in tact.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let rest.
- Eat up. I ate mine over a baked sweet potato. Because why wouldn't you!?