This is like a fancy appetizer that isn’t actually fancy at all. But prosciutto, in my eyes, is fancy. Probably because it’s more on the expensive side for what you get. I could easily eat an entire package of prosciutto in one sitting and feel kind of full, but not really. And then be pissed because I just pretty much ate dollar bills. Not really, but you know what I mean. Anyways, this will hopefully impress your guests or family without you having to work very hard. The best.
I seriously love Jackson so much. It’s insane. I never knew I could love something so much. And I know I’ve said that before, but he is seriously the greatest thing in the entire world. He is the best cuddler, he makes me laugh, he’s gorgeous, and I don’t care that he wakes me up every day at 6:15am. Nope. I actually get excited that he’s awake so I can cuddle with him again. Wanna see what a cute cuddler he is?? Ok!!
Oh meeeee gosh. So cute.
Ok sorry. Enough about Jackson. Guess what day it is? Guess.What.Day.It.Is?! It’s Throwback Thursday. You know what that means in our household? It’s pancake day. And it kindofbutnotreally has to do with Throwback Thursday because I used one of my recipes from the past. I use my Lemon Raspberry Pancakes but remove the lemon and raspberry and stuff them with breakfast sausage. Yep. Thursday is pretty much the greatest day of the week to me now. This tradition has only gone on for 2 weeks now, but I love it. It’s the day I look forward to the most. Jackson woke us up at 6am today, but I don’t even care because I get to eat pancakes. That’s kind of sad, isn’t it? NO WAY.
Today is also a day I get to celebrate Sergio’s birthday. It was earlier this week but he had to study for his MBA finals. Gross. We are going to celebrate by eating GF pizza (at least mine will be GF) and going shopping. I’m pretty much forcing him to do that even though I know he’s into it too. He’s supported me while jean shopping before, now he must do it with jean shorts shopping. Hopefully I don’t cry like I did last time. I’m also making him my Soft & Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies, but with sprinkles on top. Sprinkles seriously make anything more exciting. The only thing I ever get on my frozen yogurt (no, that’s not paleo. thank you for trying to state your point) is sprinkles because it just makes it more tasty. Everything else just overwhelms the frozen yogurt and sends you into a sugar coma. Fact.
- ½ melon, skin thinly cut off, sliced to preference (I used cantaloupe)
- 4-5 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Cut melon in half. Place cut side down on cutting board and cut 1 inch pieces of cantaloupe. The use a knife to thinly slice the skin away from the melon.
- Place melon pieces on a plate. Sprinkle with 1-2 small mint leaves (or thinly sliced mint leaves) then wrap a piece of prosciutto around the mint and melon. I used a whole piece of prosciutto but use as little or as much as you want.
- Repeat. Depending on the size of your melon, this will make 8-10 pieces of prosciutto wrapped melon.
- Garnish with extra mint leaves.