I don’t even want to watch the rest of the Bachelorette. When Luke got the boot on Monday night, I didn’t even want to watch the episode. And honestly, I didn’t watch much of it. I worked while half watching. How could she get rid of Luke? He seemed like the only kind person of the bunch who was truly interested in JoJo. Or maybe…meaning probably…ABC just did a wonderful job at editing. But for real. She got rid of the guy with the best hair and butt. Shame, JoJo, shame.
I wonder how sick JoJo must feel from people telling her she made a mistake. Her instagram must be lighting up.
So let’s recap. Luke – out. Thailand next. Isn’t that where Kaitlyn got dumped by Country Boy Joe Whatever His Name Is? Or was that somewhere else? I love watching Kaitlyn on snapchat. That chick is a real gem. Anywho, then JoJo decided to try it out with Chase. She played his ass. He thought he had a chance AND that he was gonna get some and boom, he’s storming out of there, still looking like a boring stack of bologna. It would have been quite ironic if she ended up with Chase and moved to Colorado for him…where Ben lives…who she brings up constantly.
….Oh sorry, I just fell asleep sitting up. I’m even boring myself. Let me go grab some cold brew coffee.
Ok, two sips and I’m back in action. Robby and Jordan’s dates looked about the same. Hair, hair and making out. Do you think Robby teases his hair to get it to shape that way? If he does, I could really use some tips. Mine falls flat in 32 seconds. I honestly couldn’t tell you what happened on either of their dates. I do know that Chase came back to apologize and make her feel like a dumbass for kicking him to the curb. JoJo followed her heart and the only thing that followed Chase was one of the psycho monkeys.
So what I think is going to happen now is that she’s gonna pick Jordan, leave Robby, Robby will go back to his ex that he dumped for the show and Jordan will end up breaking her heart because he seems like he’s hiding something. And is actually an assh*le…with a hungry butt. Luke better be the next Bachelor. Bachelor in paradise is gonna kick some serious ass. And the democratic or republican national convention better go the eff away so it doesn’t interrupt our shows anymore. Anyone else feel like this election has been going on for years at this point?! I can’t take it anymore. It’s the worst show on TV. Yes, I meant to say show. And that’s saying something since I just fell asleep talking about the only show I really watch at this point.
But let’s take a breather for a second and talk about the food that is part of this week’s CSA/Farmer’s Market Haul! If you missed any of the last three Wednesday, well, you’ve missed some wicked good Bachelorette recaps…unlike this one. But you’ve also missed out on a sh*t ton of food! I teamed up with Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen and Cassy from Fed & Fit to bring you CSA Box/Farmer’s Market inspired recipes every Wednesday through July and August! Here are the recipes we’ve all shared so far:
- Me: Shrimp & Zucchini Pad Thai, Huevos Rancheros Tostadas with Creamy Tomatillo Salsa, and Easy Shrimp Skewers with Chard Cilantro Pesto
- Lexi: Grilled Fish Bowls with Garlic Scapes and Kale, Herb Cucumber Salad and Thai Curry Soup
- Cassy: Chicken Salad with a Snap Pea Radish Slaw, Teriyaki Chicken Thighs with Bok Choy and Thai Chard Shrimp Wraps with Peanut Sauce
This week we have new recipes for you, of course! So I used up carrots, cucumber, and tomatoes in mine. And Lexi made Vietnamese Beef Cabbage Wraps showcasing pan-fried okra and blistered shishito peppers wrapped. And Cassy shared her recipe for Fennel Pesto Whole Chicken & Zucchini Spaghetti using up fennel, basil and zucchini! Find all these recipes and many more on all of our website and get inspired at your Farmer’s Market to try things outside the box!
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups worth)
- 2 english cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 yellow heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 lemon grass stalk, hit with the back of a knife
- 5 lime leaves, rolled between fingers
- salt, to taste (I used a little under 1 teaspoon)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- lime slices
- green onions, sliced
- red jalapeños, sliced
- more red pepper flakes
- Blanch carrots. Once slightly cooled, place in a high speed blender with cucumber and tomatoes and blend until almost smooth. You will blend again so it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut milk, honey, fish sauce, garlic cloves, ginger, lime juice, lemon grass and lime leaves to the saucepan and whisk together. Let slowly come to a boil for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain to remove the garlic cloves and lemongrass, etc. Place the infused coconut milk into the blender along with salt and red pepper flakes and blend until completely smooth. I did this using my Blendtec and putting it on the soup function to make sure it got completely smooth.
- Place gazpacho in a large sealable bowl and into the fridge for an hour or so, until mixture is chilled. Serve garnished with lime slices, cilantro, green onions, red jalapeños, and more red pepper flakes for extra kick! If you are looking for a little protein, serve with some cooked and chilled shrimp!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!