It’s official! I’m coming to Austin on our book tour for The Paleo Kitchen! We weren’t sure if we were going to be able to book anything on such short notice, but I was lucky enough to chat with the people at CrossFit Central and they are going to host our book signing event there! Dying. I’ve always wanted to go to that gym, but have never made it in in the 2 times I’ve been in Austin. And now I will. I’ll be in nice clothes instead of workout clothes, but I don’t even care. So here is what our book tour looks like in Texas starting this Sunday:
- On Sunday July 13th at 7 PM we will be in Dallas at Half Price Books: 5803 E. Northwest Hwy., Dallas, Texas 75231
- On Monday July 14th at 7 PM we will be in Austin at CrossFit Central – Burnet Road Location: 6205 Burnet Rd. Austin, TX 78757
- On Tuesday, July 15th at 7 PM we will be in Houston at Blue Willow Bookshop: 14532 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX, 77079
Balls. I need to figure out my outfits. Like now. And get my roots done. My lord they are disgusting. I don’t even want to talk about the pedicure I need done. I’m a sh*t storm over here.
I don’t want to brag, but I’m going to. This shake is delicious. I remember when someone was offended when I talked about how good a recipe was. What a douche. Why would I share my sh*tty recipes? It makes absolutely no sense. “Oh hey. This recipe tastes similar to donkey dump. Enjoy!” People these days.
Jackson decided it was a good idea to walk on top of my face while I was half asleep and cut my lip open (I’m exaggerating) with his toenails. Gross, I know. But stick with me. I think he is just trying to tell me that he needs his nails trimmed, but he’s just telling me in his own way. Lucky for him, I’ll ask them to do that when it’s time to cut his baby makers off. Poor kid, I do feel bad about that. And he will sure hate me for about a week after it happens. But man will his toenails look good.
Ok back to the book tour. What are you favorite places to eat in Dallas, Austin, and Houston? I need a list of all of them! I’ve tried a ton of places in Austin with friends, but I’m happy to try more. And I have some friends and family in Dallas that may lead the way. But I need YOUR advice, because it’s probably better than my families. Let’s be real. Leave a comment below with your favorite restaurant! And dessert spot. Obviously.
Oh and one more thing. I made this as my post workout snack the other day and it was AWESOME. Fact of the day. And I drank it with my new favorite glass straws! Check them out here!
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut cream (the hard layer at the top of canned coconut milk after it’s left in the fridge overnight)*
- 1 cup diced frozen mango
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Formulx Vanilla Recovery Protein (if you don’t want to use protein, use about 1 tablespoon of sweetener: honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc.)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
I spy a little Jackson man.