Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower
I have been dreaming up this recipe for a while now. But I tested it a couple different ways with paleo flours and it never came out how I had hoped. So I turned to some non-paleo flours and voila, crispy perfection! For this recipe, I use a mixture of rice flour, arrowroot flour, and gluten free panko breadcrumbs to get the cauliflower perfectly breaded and crispy. It’s quite a lovely experience. If you’re wondering how you can make this paleo, I don’t have any recommendations because I’ve tried and it just didn’t come out in a way that I’d like to actually put my stamp of approval on it. If you’re hoping for a strictly paleo recipe, I apologize, no need to yell at me. I get enough of that on instagram on a daily basis.
Speaking of instagram, have you seen the new feature they just launched – Reels? I kind of LOVE it. I was never on TikTok because everyone said it was a place where China would steal all your info, but I had seen enough videos from it to know what it was all about. And Instagram stole the idea. They are really good at doing that. All it is is short 15 second videos about really anything. I’ve only made a few, but I think they are so much fun! You can share videos of your dog or your terrible dance moves or even extra short cooking videos. And since no one has an attention span longer than 15 seconds at this point, those types of cooking videos are the best! You learn absolutely nothing from them, but you enjoy your 15 seconds of entertainment. How sad is our world these days? Sad, yet so entertained.
My latest entertainment is reality tv. I go through spurts of loving reality tv then simply going back to The Office for comfort. But reality tv has felt like the perfect amount of trash in my life lately. And Selling Sunset fits that need. If you haven’t watched it yet, it’s on Netflix and it will leave you feeling like you need a $5M house and some extra filler. Kidding. It will leave you feeling like you’re happy to not live in LA…and then need a $5M home. My question is – who are all these people who can afford $12M homes? What do they do? They are currently trying to sell a $75M home on the show. Let that sink in. $75M. That amount of money could support a small country for yearssssss. For fucking years. It’s so ridiculous and I love every second of it.
And if you’re feeling extra trashy like me, you need to get into Marrying Millions on Hulu. It’s such fabulous trash. It’s a handful of couples where one person is rich and the other person is a normal human, and they are figuring out their relationship around money and blah, blah, blah. There is one couple where the woman makes millions then she’s dating this guy who is 40…and still lives with his parents. But doesn’t tell her. Could you imagine finding out that the adult human you were dating, who refused to take you to his house, was actually living with his parents…who he followed to that city to continue living with them. No hate or shade to the people who have been forced to move back in with their parents because of covid, but I think honesty should be brought to the table first and foremost in a relationship. But that’s just me. And yes, I understand these shows are reality shows so 60% of it isn’t actually real, but I still enjoy every second of the trash. Come join me, let’s chat about it.
Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into large (equal sized) florets
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2–3/4 cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- sesame oil spray
For the sesame sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8–9 fluid ounces coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- black and white sesame seeds
- green onions, chopped
- white rice or cauliflower rice
- Place large cauliflower florets in a steamer basket. Place about 2 inches of water in the bottom of a large pot. Place the steamer basket in the pot, cover, and place over medium-high heat. Let steam for 5-7 minutes, until cauliflower is soft yet still have a crunch to it. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together rice flour, arrowroot, salt, garlic powder. Then add water and whisk until completely combined. In a shallow bowl, add the gluten free panko breadcrumbs.
- Using one hand, dip the each piece of cauliflower into the rice flour mixture. Once coated, add to the panko breadcrumb mixture and use the other hand to cover the floret in the breadcrumbs. Then place into a large air fryer. Repeat with all the cauliflower. Once all the cauliflower is in the air fryer, spray with sesame oil spray. Turn heat up to 390 degrees F (or 400 degrees, depending on your air fryer) and turn timer on to 20-25 minutes. Turn air fryer on then use tongs to toss the cauliflower every 5 minutes to ensure it evenly cooks throughout and becomes golden brown.
- When the cauliflower has 10 minutes left to cooks, add the chicken broth, coconut aminos, maple syrup, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic powder, and powdered ginger to a large nonstick pan. Place over high heat and whisk. Over the next 10 minutes, this liquid will come to a low boil and thicken, just be sure to whisk it every couple minutes to keep it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking, add it directly to the pan with the thickened sesame sauce, toss to coat, then add lots of black and white sesame seeds. Place on top of white rice, cauliflower rice, or just eat by itself. Then top it with chopped green onions!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!