Carrot Fritters with Avocado Cream Sauce
I’ve really become quite accustomed to having carrots every single day. In case you didn’t hear my carrot fiasco story of 2019, here’s the gist of it – I was ordering my groceries online, I thought I order 10 carrots but I actually order 10 32-ounce bags of carrots instead. So we’ve been eating A LOT of carrots lately. Carrot breakfast cookies, roasted carrots, Moroccan carrot salad, harissa carrot salad, and hell, I’ve even been eating them raw when I’m trying to keep some self control over the dinner I’m currently making. Not eating half your dinner while you make it is close to impossible. But my FAVORITE thing I’ve made with carrots is carrot fritters. I’m obsessed! These are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. They have the perfect amount of spice that you just barely notice is when you bite into it. And the sauce that goes on top just makes it absolute perfection. Eat these as a snack, use it as a bun for a burger or eat it as a side dish. It’s seriously one of my favorite ways to get veggies in to my diet.
On another note, recently I found out that magnesium helps with muscle recovery since it forces the muscle to recover. Plus, it’s suppose to help with sleep. I don’t really have an issue with sleep but I feel like I can always be doing something better, so I decided to hit up some Natural Calm recently. I use to take it years and years ago and it was awesome for sleep. But I’ve experienced the opposite since I started again. And of course, 42017329 people on instagram informed me that there are a ton of different kinds of magnesium. Damnit supplements, why do you have to make everything so hard?! I guess Natural Calm is magnesium carbonate or citrate or I don’t f*cking know, and I should be taking magnesium glycinate or some bullsh*t. Here’s the thing about instagram – I get 100 messages from people telling me I’m taking the wrong supplement and all 100 people have different answers to what I should be taking. It’s just like the internet – it’s a sink hole of new questions. That’s why it’s important to never have human interaction and simply trial and error your life yourself. Sure Natural Calm might not be helping my sleep, but I feel clean as a whistle come morning time, know what I’m saying.
Man, I’m the worst food blog ever. Sorry about that. But these carrot fritters should are the best!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 fritters 1x
For the fritters
- 3 cups finely grated carrots (about 6–8 medium carrots)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup paleo baking flour
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- lots of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 3–4 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
For the avocado cream sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup dairy-free greek yogurt (I use Kite Hill brand)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- heft pinch of salt
- Finely grate the carrots then mix in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except for the ghee) and mix to completely combined
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add ghee to melt. While the skillet heats, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 10-12 scoops then form in to patties. Place in the skillet, not overcrowding the pan, and cook for around 5-6 minutes per side. Keep an eye on the heat to make sure the fritters are browning without burning.
- While the fritters cook, place all ingredients for the cream sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top each fritter with extra green onions and the cream sauce.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!