Cinnamon Peach Upside Down Cake
Hey booboo baby booboo. How you doin’? I’m doing better over here now that my face isn’t melting off anymore. If you don’t follow me on snapchat, then WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Kidding. Kind of. Anywho, you probably missed me talking about getting my face worked on and some snaps of me numbing my face beforehand. Well, IT HURT SO F*CKING BAD! I’m keeping what I did a secret until I fully heal and then I’m going to put together a post all about it along with my daily skin routine, but first and foremost, holy sh*t balls…it was so unbelievably painful. The most painful thing I’ve ever done. By far. So I stayed home almost all weekend to keep my face hidden and smear aquaphor all over it every 10 minutes. So fun. And next weekend I’m doing something else. My poor husband is probably questioning why he married me at this point while he’s watching my face turn inside out. Ew. But I can’t wait to tell you about these two things I’m trying out because I think I’m going to be very happy that I did both!
Anywho, it’s been nice to have weekends open through July to do the things I want because once August and September come along…BOOM, busy a sh*t. Here’s what I have going on: wedding, bridal shower, girls trip to Portland with my best friend Laura to see my other friend Kyra, girls trip to Palm Springs with my sister in law, Lake Powell, Nebraska for my brother in law’s football game, book signing in Phoenix then Kansas City then Denver, another wedding, and a trip to Idaho to visit my friend who just popped another human out of her body! You guys…that’s a lot of stuff going on.
But I need your advice for one of those trips. Palm Springs. I’ve never been. All I know is that it’s a desert that my friends go party in at Coachella every year. That’s literally all I know about it. I have no clue about where to eat, where to go, things to see. Any advice when it comes to Palm Springs? I know that we plan to lay by the pool, drink some cocktails and ride bikes, but that’s all I got. I’m hoping you can lead me in the right direction to make this trip awesome! HELP!
Wait. I barely talked about the book tour stops I’m hopping in on. So get this. My friend Cassy from Fed and Fit is coming out with her first cookbook Fed & Fit: A 28 Day Food & Fitness Plan to Jump-Start Your Life with Over 175 Squeaky-Clean Paleo Recipes which releases on August 16th! And then my friend Diane from Balanced Bites is coming out with the second edition of her amazing book Practical Paleo which releases on September 6th! So the two of them are joining up for book tour and I’m going with them on a couple stops, too! The whole reason I’m even joining is because I wrote the workouts for the fitness section in Cassy’s book! You’ll even see my face on a couple pages since I flew to Vegas right before my wedding to get some shots of the fitness movements that you’ll see through the book! So fun! And what is even more fun is Liz Wolfe is joining in on the book tour action as well! It’s going to be so much estrogen in one room. To see all of their stops, click here and then you can sign up so we know you’re coming! Who is joining? Come on, don’t be lame. Come visit. Liz can talk about the organic facial options out there and I’ll talk about the chemicals I’m pouring on mine. Cool? Cool.
Cinnamon Peach Upside Down Cake
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- ⅓ cup maple or coconut sugar*
- 3 peaches, halved and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
For the batter
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cups tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature, whisked
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple or coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- homemade ice cream or Coconut Bliss ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan then cut out a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan and place in the bottom and grease the parchment paper as well.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the ghee and sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Then add peach slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon and allspice and toss until peaches become soft. About 5 minutes. Let cool to touch.
- Once cool, arrange in the bottom of the cake pan however you’d prefer. I did a fan pattern which left me with a few leftover peach slices. But you can make any decision you’d like. Once the peaches are arranged in the pan, pour the rest of the caramel mixture that’s in the saute pan on top of the peaches.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee, coconut sugar, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until coconut sugar dissolves.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combine.**
- Pour batter on top of the peach caramel mixture and smooth out on top.
- Place in oven to bake for 40-43 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Begin checking the cake at around 35 minutes since oven temperatures will range.
- Let cake rest for 10 minutes outside the oven then place a plate or a cake stand over it, flip then tap the bottom of the cake pan to make sure it comes out. Remove the parchment paper from top of cake.
- Cut into slices and place ice cream on top then serve!
*I used maple sugar in this recipe because i like the flavor and the color of maple sugar better than coconut sugar.
**Since different tapioca flours and coconut flours sometimes react differently, you may need to add a little more almond milk. If the batter seems to thick and does not pour, add a bit more almond milk.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!