Coffee Cake Muffins
I have a local coffee shop and gluten free bakery near me called Rivers and Roads, and every time I walk into their shop, I’m always inspired to bake more. They make THE BEST gluten free treats in Denver. Just yesterday they created a peanut butter cookie sandwich with a vegan chocolate cream center. It was the best thing I’ve put in my mouth in a long time. They are just simply a genius there. They just started making cinnamon rolls and I have yet to make it in in time to grab one. Hoping that changes this weekend. With this whole pandemic going on, my goal is to support them as much as I possible can, which means I make it in usually 6 days per week. This morning when I stopped in for my daily coffee, I saw that they had a coffee cake muffin so I decided to whip up my own batch at home today. I’m 100% sure their muffins are better than mine, but I did my best. And I’m pretty happy with how these came out!
Cool story, bro.
It’s funny because I think I actually eat out MORE now that we are stuck inside. This is such a tough time for so many businesses, especially restaurants, so I’m trying to support the ones I love the most as much as I can so they can continue to stay in business throughout and after all this. That means I’m grabbing takeout from Rivers and Roads, Quiero Arepas, Ohana Island Kitchen, Ester’s, Cuba Cuba, and Daughter’s Thai. If and when life goes back to normal, I want these businesses that I love so much to still be in business by then. And since we really don’t have an end in sight, I plan to eat out as much as possible. Suuuuuuper healthy life choice. But every bite of a peanut butter cookie sandwich is worth it. I’ll be dreaming about that cookie for at least a week.
In other completely unrelated news, we are having a hell of a time getting some art delivered. We have a pretty large wall in our dining room so we purchased 2 pieces of canvas art back in January and it finally got delivered just the other day…completely destroyed. Not only were the boxes battered and dented, but the wood that creates the frame around the canvas art was broken everywhere, which made the canvas wrinkle and pull away from the staples. Whoever packaged this art up pretty much sucks at their job. No offense, but also a lot of offense. Because you suck. Yes, the freight company who delivered it also sucks at their job. It all just sucks. Ok, I’ll stop saying sucks now. So my question for you is – have you purchased large art anywhere? I’m talking 40×60 or larger and multiple pieces. I’m not sure what’s going to happen to this art since the order was non-refundable, but I also did not agree to purchasing broken art. Any recommendations. Give it to me!
Coffee Cake Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups paleo baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
For the crumb toppings
- 5 tablespoons ghee, softened
- 4 tablespoons maple sugar
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, crushed
For the frosting
- 5 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with silicone muffin liners or paper liners then spray with oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ghee, maple sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract until completely combined. Then fold in the baking flour, baking soda, and salt. Once combined, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the batter into 12 muffins.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the toppings and pulse until broken down into a crumble texture that sticks together in a slight paste.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the topping and place on the batter of each muffin, spreading it out to cover the top of each muffin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of each muffin. Let cool for a couple minutes before removing from liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with almond milk until you get a smooth texture. Top each muffin with the frosting before serving!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!