SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Easing Period Symptoms the Natural Way
Back in July, I made the personal decision to get off of birth control. Not because I was looking to get pregnant or start trying, but for the simple fact I was sick of being on hormones. I had lost my libido, my mood swings were all over the place, and the birth control I was on was costing me an arm and a leg every month. I was paying $180 per month (yes, you read that right) to not get pregnant and it was definitely working, mostly because my sex drive was completely gone. Thanks, birth control, you’ve really gone above and beyond at your job.
So I got off birth control, started taking supplements to help with the transition, and I started tracking my cycle. Boom – no hormones, no babies, more libido. Problem is, I still have some subtle symptoms around that special time of the month. Cramping, irritability, and anxiety all take over my body, and I now understand that eating a pint of ice cream doesn’t actually help. You know what does, though? All natural products that bring healing to the body, all month long. No more period suffering!
I’ve talked about Ned hemp oil for over a year now and it’s become a staple in me and my husband’s daily routine. We have dinner, we take our hemp oil before bed, then we brush our teeth. Bing bong boom. The hemp oil has become life changing for my husband during his transitional move away from the corporate world. It’s helped him so much with managing his anxiety, and it’s done the same for me! So when Ned released their Natural Cycle Collection, I was so pumped to try it out to see if it made a difference in my new chapter of life, the chapter OFF of birth control.
A few weeks back I shared this new product line on instagram stories, but I wanted to share a full recap of the products here and what they can help with if you’re someone who suffers with issues around that time of the month. If you are that person, remember that is your body trying to tell you something. And Ned has created all-natural, non-GMO products made from ethically wildcrafted ingredients to help heal your body, all month long. And what I love about this line is that even though Ned was a male-founded company, the guys behind Ned hired all women to help create this line – female farmers, female botanist, female aromatherapist, and even a female artist to create the packaging. They wanted this product that was created FOR females to be created BY females. If you want to see their whole story, check out this video. It’s a really amazing video.
Now let’s get into the products! The Natural Cycle Collection comes with 4 different products made with CBD and all-natural ingredients like chia seed oil, cacao, ginger, cinnamon, and more, to help naturally soothe the body and period symtoms.
Hormone Balance Blend Oil – This blend balances your endocrine system and therefore your hormones so you can be in perfect sync with your natural cycle. Take this blend daily throughout your cycle for best results. This blend has 600mg of full spectrum hemp extract in it, along with:
- Chia seed oil – This oil contains the ideal blend of balancing minerals, healing antioxidants, nourishing fatty acids, and revitalizing vitamins
- Red raspberry leaf – It tones and nourishes the uterus for a healthy pelvic floor and reduced menstrual pain
- Red clover blossom – Packed with isoflavones that mimic estrogen, this balancing botanical minimizes hormonal shifts that cause mood swings.
- Dandelion leaf – A natural diuretic and liver cleanser, this nutrient rich botanical helps relieve bloating and swelling caused by water retention.
Period Ease Blend Oil – This blend helps ease menstrual discomfort so your period feels less like a burden. Take this 300mg as needed before and during your period. Of course, this blend has CBD in it, but you’ll also find ingredients like:
- Cacao beans – Rich in magnesium, zinc, and iron, cacao beans are a natural mood-booster!
- Valerian Root – This extract can reduce emotional, physical, and behavioral symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Black Cohosh – This can help regulate the menstrual cycle and help to tone the uterus and promote the shedding of the uterine lining.
- Cramp Bark – Helps to relieve period cramps and discomfort.
Period Soothe Salve – This shea butter mixture helps soothe premenstrual discomfort so you can feel like your best self. Apply as needed before and during your period to your lower abdomen and back to activate the soothing properties.
- Lavender – This aromatherapy oil may greatly reduce pain and discomfort when it comes to menstrual cramps.
- Meadowsweet – This herb contains salicin that can provide relief of pain from menstrual cramps.
- Arnica – This flower can relieve cramping due to menstruation.
- Ylang Ylang – This oil is a mood enhancer, PMS-calmer, and can help take the edge off pain associated with period cramping.
Hormone Energize Roll-On – This energizing lunar-infused roll-on helps energize the mind, body and spirit with natural aphrodisiacs and oils used in sacred rituals since the beginning of time. Roll on pull points, chest, hands, and feet daily throughout your cycle.
- Frankincense – The aroma of this oil can help with menstrual symptoms like cramps and irritability.
- Bergamot – This citrusy oil is great for alleviating stress and anxiety by lifting your mood, reducing your heart and blood pressure, and allowing your body to recover from stressors.
- Clary sage – This can help with bloating, sweet cravings and other period symptoms.
Not only is Ned creating a product for women to hopefully naturally change their lives for the better, but they are making sure YOU are part of an even bigger change. With every Natural Cycle Collection product purchased, Ned gives a portion of all proceeds to PERIOD – a global youth-run nonprofit fighting to end period poverty and period stigma through service, education, and advocacy. Some us are lucky enough to have the resources we need when it comes to our period, but many out there don’t have the same resources. PERIOD has addressed over 560,000 periods for menstruators in need, and registered over 400 campus chapters in all 50 states and beyond. With your Ned purchase, you are giving someone else out there the resources they need during that time of the month.
I’ve never been big into taking pain reliever medication because I just don’t feel comfortable with how it can alter the gut and gut flora, so I usually just fight through the pain until it subsides. But now I have a natural way to work on my period symptoms as I continue on without birth control. If you want to try out Ned’s products, you can get your first purchase for 15% off when you use code PALEOMG. This discount code is only available for first-time customers, so keep that in mind! I think modern medicine has it’s place and can help people in such amazing ways, but this all-natural product has helped me relieve my own period symptoms the all-natural way. I’m so excited for you guys to give this collection a try! And if you would like to read more about their products, click here to read their 3rd party lab reports!
This post is brought to you by Ned. I may be compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!