Easy Instant Pot Carrot Soup
I don’t know when you’ll be reading this post in the future, but right now in this terrible year of 2020, we are quarantined. We are on lockdown here in Colorado while this pandemic sweeps over our nation. The shelter-in-place has been ordered which means they only want us leaving our houses for essentials. I normally go to my favorite coffee shop daily, where I get my coffee delivered to my car, and that’s about it. My one goal during this quarantine is to keep that place in business so they can continue on once this all ends. Other than that, I stay home. Quarantine isn’t hard for me because I’m a huge introvert in the first place. Give me a place I love to call home and reruns of the office, and I could not talk to anyone for a solid month. I had a woman yell at me on instagram yesterday saying I needed to stay home more. I was like – b*tch I’ve been quarantining long before this pandemic started. I was already spending 23.3/7 at home long before the shelter-in-place was ordered. Why do people get so angry at others during times of stress? Haven’t they listened to Taylor Swift’s song ‘You Need To Calm Down’? Maybe the state should start blasting that song throughout the city, like a tornado warning, but it’s a stupid people warning.
Anywho, I try to not go to the grocery store much because it’s much harder to stay away from people there. I’ve never been a germaphobe, minus the fact I try to not ever lick my fingers when eating because 1. that’s disgusting 2. it’s disgusting to watch 3. it’s how people get sick. But now the government is telling all of us to wear masks at all times because people may be asymptomatic, but still have the virus. Before 2020 sh*t the bed, I used to go to the grocery store almost daily because I was always whipping up something new in the kitchen. But these days – hell no. So I’m making anything I can with the ingredients I have on hand. I have this huge list of recipes I want to make, but if I don’t have the ingredients, those are getting pushed back for now. So when I was trying to figure out what to make this week for the blog without needing to go to the store, I looked in the fridge and I saw a GIANT bag of carrots, which I always buy. Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables. And since I’ve used them in almost every way possible, I thought I would whip up a stupid easy recipe for you guys so you can get back to the things you need to do most right now…like disinfecting your house, or teaching your children algebra, or yelling at people on the internet. You know, the important things.
Easy Instant Pot Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups diced carrots (~4 large carrots)
- 2 large gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (+ extra for garnish)
- 48 ounce chicken bone broth
- canned coconut milk, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- Place ghee in the basin of an instant pot. Press the sauté button. Once ghee has melted, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly translucent. Then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Press cancel on the instant pot. Add the carrots, potatoes, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and bone broth. Mix to combined. Lock lid, press manual to high pressure, and time to 15 minutes, then press start.
- Once the timer is up, quick release the pressure. Once all the pressure is gone, remove lid then use an immersion blender to blend the soup until completely smooth.
- Top soup with coconut milk, green onions, and red pepper flakes before serving!
More Carrot Recipe Ideas:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!