Are you seeing the theme this week? I sure am. It’s called laziness. Easy breakfast crockpot thingy, now easy shredded crockpot pork. Come on Juli, get your sh*t together. Just kidding, I like easy. And most guys do too. Bastards.
In all honesty, I’ve just been real busy. Like real, real busy. So meals have turned into the easier-the better. The more fall comes into play here in Colorado, the more I want to use my crockpot. Like, everyday. Problem is, I always smell like meat. My clothes, my shoes, my jackets, my blankets. It’s obnoxious. Even my god damn headbands smell like onions and pork. Do you know how uncomfortable it is to do power cleans and pull ups when you have the smell of pork and onions wafting off your forehead?? It’s disgusting. I don’t care how much you like meat. It’s gross.
Speaking of things making your life easier, I got something for you. I actually mentioned it on my Facebook page last week and gave 3 lucky readers a free app. It’s called the WOD Genius app for iPhones (will also be available for Androids in the future) and is a workout/CrossFit app that is great for people who travel, a day at the gym, or for people who just need a specified workout. It generates thousands of random workouts based off the equipment you have access to. Pretty cool right? So if you want to do a workout at home and have no equipment, you still have access to workouts AND videos to show you have to do those movements! I’m even in some of those videos, being my normal awkward self! And my friends came up with the app. I know cool people, no big deal.
So, want the app? Well, the first 3 PEOPLE to leave a comment below get a free download!! You have to say I love JB in the comment. Kidding, kind of. But you also have to have an iPhone! And if you are not one of the first 3 people, don’t you fret!! Why? Because the WOD Genius app is on sale today and tomorrow (Thursday Sept. 20th and Friday Sept. 21st) for only $0.99, so hurry up and get it before the price goes back up. I’m a cheap ass and you people probably are too, so get on it!
Oh btw, I f*cking love plantains.
For the crockpot pork
- 1-2lb pork loin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth (no sugar added) - add 3 cups if you go with a 2lb pork loin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the plantain mash
- This recipe is so easy, you may cry from excitement.
- Add all your pork ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. I'm pretty sure mine cooked for 12 hours because I forgot about it. Oops. It was bomb still.
- Once your pork is done cooking, use two forks and shed it to pieces.
- Now place a large skillet under medium heat, add your coconut oil and once your pan is nice and hot, add your sliced plantains into the oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add your plantains to your food processor and puree. While the food processor is still running, pour in your coconut milk until you get a smooth plantain puree.
- Add a dollop of plantain mash to your plate, top with pork, and add a little avocado just for sh*ts a giggles.
Crockpot / Fruit / Pork