Equipment Needed For The Power Sculpt Program
You guys!! It’s almost here!! The Power Sculpt Program is launching later this month, hoping for July 25th if everything goes according to plan…but since it is 2020, it’s hard to say. 2020 is a real SOB. Two weeks ago I shared all about the Power Sculpt Program and what to expect from it – click here to read more about the program! But today I wanted to talk about equipment in case you were interested in ordering some instead of working out at a gym. I know equipment can be hard to come by these days, but you can definitely find equipment if you dig. And luckily I did the digging for you! But before we get into where to find equipment, let’s get into what equipment you’ll need. If you’re planning to work out at a gym, the only thing you may need to purchase are loop bands since gyms tend to suck in that department or they are stretched out from so much use.
- A barbell – This barbell can be 15lbs, 35lbs, or 45lbs – whatever you are most comfortable with.
- A rack – Since you’ll be doing barbell movements such as front squats, front rack lunges, etc. you’ll need a rack so you don’t have to clean it or push press it to the back of your neck. This will keep you safer, but it will also ensure that you can get stronger and aren’t limited by what you can power or squat clean.
- Bench or box – You will need some sort of elevated surface for step ups, to place your back on for hip thrusts, and other bodyweight movements, as well
- Bumper plates – The reason you’ll need bumper plates is because all the weights are the same height so no matter if you’re using 10lb plates or 45lb plates, they will be same distance off the floor, which is INCREDIBLY helpful when it comes to hip thrusts and glute bridges. If your goal is to get stronger and see more muscle, you need an array of weights. From 10lbs up to even 300lbs or more (everyone’s strength ability will vary). You just need a good enough weight that you can continue to add as you need throughout the 6 months as you get stronger.
- Dumbbells – Just like the bumper plates, you’ll need an array of weights when it comes to dumbbells. You’ll be using dumbbells for both upper body and lower body. And since you lower body is much stronger than your upper body, you’ll need weights that work for both areas.
- Loop bands and long resistance bands – You’ll need long and short resistance bands. The short resistance bands are great for lower body movements such as glute work. The longer resistance bands (loop or with handles) will be helpful for upper body workouts.
Now here are different options I found on my own just digging around the internet!
Bumper Plate Options
Loop Band Options
And below are some of my favorite site to find equipment!
Rogue Fitness – Rogue doesn’t seem to have much to choose from right now and I’m guessing that’s because they are such a well known brand, but it’s worth keeping an eye out on their site
Again Faster – They don’t have much to choose from, but they do have a good quality bench and boxes available
Walmart – Walmart slowly has been adding items back in stock again so they are worth checking out
Ebay – A PaleOMG reader mentioned that they found their barbell and weights on Ebay, so I check it out myself and it’s pretty easy to find an array of different options on there!
Amazon – Like Ebay, Amazon has a ton of different options to choose from and it’s pretty easy to find certain pieces of equipment!
The Power Sculpt Program is all about shaping your physique and getting you results! And to get those results, you’ll need WEIGHTS! Changing a physique long term is all about lifting, strength training, and progressive overload – and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the Power Sculpt Program! I’m so excited to challenge you, push you, and get you the results you’ve always wanted!! SO EXCITED for this next program!!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!