I’ve wanted to share this recipe for so long but I had some issues come up. But it’s finally here and I can share away! So guess what? This recipe is made with almond milk greek yogurt. Or you can use cashew yogurt, like it I did in the video. So yes, it’s totally dairy free. No need to freak out.
Ok, now that we got past that speech, let’s move on to more exciting things. Like the fact that I’m in Lake Powell right now! We left at 6am yesterday and drove straight through to Bullfrog Marina in Utah. We surfed during the day, almost got struck by lightning, stayed the night there and now we are off to the marina in Page, Arizona. It is my brother-in-laws 23rd birthday today, so we are doing a little mimosa booze cruise on our boat while we make our way to the other marina to stay the rest of the week there. The next few days we will be surfing, wakeboarding and tanning. Well, hopefully. It looks like we are hitting Lake Powell on the coldest days of the week. It’s suppose to be low 70’s but hopefully the storms just stay away so we can keep warm. Nobody likes booze cruisin’ while feeling like a wet cat. I’ve wake surfed in 50 degree weather in 60 degree water, so I can take it especially with a hot shower at the end of the day. But I’m not trying to live that wet cat life this week.
Speaking of wet cats, I’m kind of relieved that Bachelor in Paradise is over. It was exhausting. I got a bit sick of watching every single person on that show hating their lives while in paradise. It should be called Bachelor in Humid, Sweaty Nightclub Hell. Because that’s exactly what it is. I thought about recapping all the episodes but they were too miserable to recap. It’s just watching people be forced into liking each other since that’s all they have to do for 2 weeks in Sweaty Hell. It’s like watching my life in high school all over again. No thanks. Hormonal, sweaty, awkward. Naaaaaah. I’m good.
Ok, that’s enough for now. I have a boat to hop on. Chat soon buttercup!
- 1 cup greek yogurt*
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
For the waffles
For the toppings
- Heat up waffle iron and grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. In a larger bowl, whisk together tapioca and almond flour, baking powder and salt. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop about ¼ cup of the batter into the greased waffle iron and cook waffle until cooked through and crispy on the outside. The batter should make about 5 round waffles.
- Once waffles are done cooking, whisk together the yogurt and maple syrup and top each waffle with a spoonful along with handful of fruit on top!
*I prefer Kite Hill Almond Milk Yogurt.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Cooking Videos