Pancake Breakfast Tacos
Oh man. I’m so grumpy at this moment. I wrote this entire blog post for you today and it just erased and I had to start it all over. Which is totally pointless to tell you, but SCREW TECHNOLOGY!! I’m currently in transition with some website stuff and it’s causing me so many damn headaches. Why can’t I just write you guys letters, like I’m in jail or something. Isn’t that sad that I correlate writing letters with jail at this point.
Speaking of jail, have you seen the documentary Fyre on Netflix? I know there is on on Hulu as well but I’ve only seen the Netflix version. And MAN, it’s a good documentary. It’s about this bro-y bro who decides to put on this music festival and extort people out of hundreds of millions of dollars. He’s obviously caught and gets a little jail time. You should watch it, it’s real good. But while you’re watching it, you should also listen to the podcast White Boy Rick. Even though these cases are no where near alike, I think it’s so frustrating that a kid can go to prison for life for drug possession but then a grown ass bro man who never stops drinking crappy beer will only go to prison for a few years for taking hundreds of millions of dollars from people. Who will never get fully paid back. Doesn’t that seem weird? Isn’t that what you wanted to talk about when you came to this blog today? Do you also want to talk about Trump? And the shutdown? Those things have never gotten me in trouble in the past on this blog so let’s get after em! Kidding. People will come at me with pitchforks if I bring up our presidents name in any capacity. So let’s just stick with drug possession instead, cool? Cool.
Actually, let’s talk about the weekend instead. I don’t want to die from a pitchfork witch hunt. It already feels like the weekend to me because I’m packing my bag and flying to Durango today! I would drive the 6 hours, but I don’t want to. I’ve already almost died driving over a mountain pass last year in snowstorm, so I’m cool to put my life in a pilots hands instead. And instead of a 6 hour drive, it’s only a 45 minute flight. That’s much more enjoyable. My BFF Laura moved to Durango a little while ago and I finally have a free weekend to head down there and hang out for 4 days, just like old times! We lived together in college then lived together a few years after college, before I moved in with my husband. So this weekend we are going to eat, workout, visit Telluride and I think I’m going to force her to record a podcast with me. Luckily devil. I’m so pumped to see her and explore her new town! She’s the best!
Now while I pack my bags, you should make these breakfast tacos and watch Fyre while also listening to White Boy Rick. Then come tell me all your thoughts, no pitchforks allowed though. Sorry man.
Pancake Breakfast Tacos
For the pancakes:
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond milk + 3 tablespoons (carton, unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil or ghee, for greasing pan
For the toppings:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 10–12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil mayo
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- almond milk soft cheese*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top then spray with coconut oil spray. Place bacon strips on wire rack and place in the oven to cook for 15-18 minutes, until cooked to preference.
- Whisk together pancake ingredients: eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Then, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and a pinch of salt to the large bowl and whisk until batter is well combined.
- Heat up a griddle pan or whatever pan you prefer and grease. Once hot, use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to make pancakes that are about 4-5 inches across. Let cook through until bubbles begin to appear on the top of the pancakes then flip, about 3-4 minutes per side. Continue until all the batter is gone- the batter should make 10-12 pancakes. Set pancakes aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a large nonstick pan, add ghee or coconut oil to grease the pan that is over low heat. Then crack eggs into the pan and let cook for 6-8 minutes until all have cooked through whites with runny yolks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Whisk together avocado oil mayo and maple syrup to make a maple aioli.
- Then build your pancake tacos – spread on some of the maple aioli, then top with bacon, a sunny side up egg, a few slices of avocado, cilantro and dairy-free cheese! Then all you gotta do is eat, baby girl!
*I prefer Kite Hill or Treeline (cashew) soft cheese
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!