Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Hanukkah out there!! Let’s get down to some food business!! I made these breakfast enchiladas the other day in our new kitchen and took these photos standing on our kitchen island hovering above the food. I then chowed down on this recipe while sitting on the kitchen island. I now want to live on my kitchen island. Who needs a bed or a comfy couch when you have an island with food in reaching distance? I’ve made a handful of different enchilada dishes on my blog throughout the years, but never any as simple as this recipe. This recipe uses a few products from one of my favorite brands – Siete Foods. I use their paleo cassava tortillas and dairy-free queso, and then I use an enchilada sauce from a company called Frontera. Both brands make clean eating easier, and I love them for it!
Speaking of love, I have to pat myself on the back this year because I have embraced the love for the holidays this season. I’ve never loved the holidays for some reason and all of it has always made me stressed and grumpy. But I’ve done a ton of self reflection this year, trying to understand my behaviors and where they come from, and a ton of those reactions and responses come from childhood memories. But what I have slowly started to teach myself is that I have control of my actions and reactions, and I get to decide what I think of the holidays. So now I’ve changed my outlook and I’ve embraced new holiday traditions. It’s amazing how you can alter your viewpoint and change your attitude with a few simple changes. Being happy is just way more fun than being pissed off!
Ok that’s enough deep talks. Let’s talk about Christmas treats instead. Tell me what you’re making today! I’m making Peppermint Swirl Cheesecake Brownies, Cranberry Pistachio Christmas Cookies, GF Brown Sugar Butter Cookies from Rivers & Roads Coffee, and Bob’s Red Mill GF Chocolate Chip Cookies. I want to have all kinds of cookies at the house today for anyone that needs a snack! Then tonight we are making our own pizzas and tomorrow it’s all about delicious breakfast, like this one, and then a giant charcuterie board. I’m so excited to cook for a bunch of family members at the house! And then I’m even more excited to nap the rest of the day. Holiday napping is the best! Now before the holiday starts, I’m off to the gym!! Hope you guys have an amazing holiday and thank you so much for supporting PaleOMG and cooking my recipes this holiday season! I feel so lucky to be part of your family traditions!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook chorizo in a non-stick pan over medium heat, breaking into small pieces, until no pink remains. Once fully cooked, remove and set aside.
- Leave some fat behind in the pan to cook the eggs and turn the heat down to low. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt and garlic powder, then whisk until combined. Pour eggs into the greased pan then use a spatula to move the eggs around frequently, until cooked through. Remove from heat then set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce into a shallow wide bowl. Use a brush to brush the bottom of a 9x12 ceramic baking dish with some of the enchilada sauce. Heat the tortillas up slightly in the microwave for about 20 seconds to keep from cracking when you roll them.
- Now to build each enchilada - dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce, coating both side, lie flight in the baking dish then add about 1-2 tablespoons of chorizo to the middle of the tortilla, top with 1-2 tablespoons of eggs, then 1-2 tablespoons of queso. Then carefully roll then tortilla tightly. Repeat with all the tortillas, chorizo, and eggs (leaving behind some chorizo to go on top.
- Once the dish is filled with all the wrapped tortillas, place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- When the dish is almost done baking, reheat some of the extra chorizo in the pan then heat up the queso (in a saucepan or microwave). Top the enchiladas with a few spoonfuls of the queso, then chorizo, then garnish with jalapeño, green onion, and cilantro leaves before serving immediately!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Breakfast / Pork