Posted by https://paleomg.com/roasted-beet-carrot-salad-with-honey-thyme-vinaigrette/
© 2018 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Roasted Beet & Carrot Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette
- 2 bundles of golden beets (about 10-12 beets), cut in half*
- 1 bundles of tricolor carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoon high heat avocado oil
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
For the vinaigrette
For the candied nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss beets and carrots in avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder on top. Place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, until veggies are golden brown and tender.
- While the veggies bake, place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar and shake well until combined. Set aside.
- Place a medium pan over medium heat. Add almonds and walnuts to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes until they begin to become golden and fragrant. Then add sugar, cayenne pepper and salt. Use a spatula to toss the nuts in the sugar mixture until the sugar melts and coats the nuts. Remove from heat once melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula, roasted beets and carrots and candied nuts to a large bowl and toss in the vinaigrette (you decide how much, you're a grown up) then top it all off with hemp hearts!
- Eat up, you veggie lover you!
*I did not peel my beets because I was super lazy and it was fine to eat the skin, in my opinion, but feel free to peel yours!