Steak & Bean Tostadas
After I made my Stewed Beans earlier this week, I got to thinking how DELICIOUS the beans would be on top of a taco…or a tostada. So that’s exactly what I did. The stewed beans with chipotle mayo make for the creamiest, most delicious taco. And yes, I understand that creamy and taco shouldn’t be in the same sentence, I get it. But it has to be done, ok? I don’t make the food rules. If you are following the bean protocol like me, remember that you’ll want to remove the fat from this recipe – mayo, cheese, and avocado. But not to worry, it’s still quite delicious without. If you’re not following the bean protocol, go balls deep on this recipe!
Enough about beans, let’s talk something else. How ya doing? You doing ok out there? After months of watching the news and feeling completely off on a day-to-day basis, I finally gave the news a boot and I have NEVER FELT BETTER. And I want to mention it here because I feel like most of us are glued to our tv screens during this pandemic since we all want answers. But we aren’t given any, so we simply get bombarded with negativity and sadness, and we lose sight of what is going on in our own lives. After cutting the news off from my own life, I wake up every day feeling positive and ready to get to work. Instead of concentrating on the uncontrollable, I’m concentrating on my family, my work, myself. It’s been really eye opening to see how much the news can effect your state of mind.
Something else I’ve been concentrating on is the new Power Sculpt Program!! This brand new program is by FAR my best one yet!! It just launched on Saturday and it has been so insanely cool to see everyone who has joined and how they are cheering each other on within our private discussion forums. People have been sharing their photos, videos of their workouts, weights they used, they talk about their goals, and they encourage each other. It makes me so damn happy because that’s exactly what I wanted from this program – a program that brought people together while changing their lives. I’m so happy with the launch and I can’t wait to see people’s progress as they move through the program! If you’re ready to join us, you can read more about the program here! Now I’m off to chat with everyone in the program before I whip up a zucchini cake to share with you next week!!
Steak & Bean Tostadas
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 tostadas 1x
- 1 batch of stewed beans
- 1lb steak tips (or other steak of choice)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasonings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
- 6–8 chickpea tortillas or cassava tortillas
- chipotle mayo
- 1 avocado, diced
- goat cheese (or cashew/almond cheese) crumbles
- First, whip up a batch of stewed beans then keep them under low heat to stay warm.
- While the beans cook, pat the beef dry. Toss steak tips in taco seasonings and salt until coated.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once very hot, use tongs to place steak tips in the pan, making sure not to crowd the pan. This will let the beef brown and cook evenly, without steaming it. Cook steak on both sides for 2-3 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the steak tips. Once cooked to your liking, place on a plate and set aside. Repeat until all beef is cooked through.
- Once steak is cooked through and resting, place tortillas on an open flame of the stovetop to crisp up on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side. If you do not have a gas stovetop, you can place the tortillas on the baking sheet, spray with coconut oil and sprinkle a small pinch of salt on top of each. Place in oven to bake for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees F, until brown and crispy.
- Top each crispy tortilla with a layer of chipotle mayo, then add a couple spoonfuls of stewed beans, steak, some avocado, cheese, and cilantro on top!
You May Also Like:
Steak Fajita Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
2 thoughts on “Steak & Bean Tostadas”
Hey Juli, I totally agree with you on not watching the news. I haven’t been watching for a month or two and it’s the best. Nothing new is happening anyways with this pandemic. I also have started eating legumes this year, so I was wondering if you could develop a lentil & ground meat burger recipe ?
i’ll add that to my list!