Super Easy Fluffy Protein Pancakes
These protein pancakes may not deserve a full recipe, but here we are. You can thank me later. If you like pancake Saturdays with the fam, but don’t always have the energy or the time to make yours from scratch, this recipe is for you! These pancakes are insanely easy to make, packed with protein, and go great as an afternoon snack just as much as a breakfast food!
Ever since I got pregnant, I constantly need to mix up my breakfasts. I used to simply eat leftovers, but nowadays I want sourdough toast one day, pancakes the next, oats on another day, and simple eggs and sausage the day after. I don’t want the same. And one of the breakfasts I’ve turned to over and over are protein pancakes. And that’s because these ones are SO EASY to make. Sure, you can buy protein pancake mixes out there, but I prefer to use the protein powder I like best. I’m picky…and you should be, too.
That being said, I like to use King Arthur Gluten Free Pancake Mix. It’s my favorite for both pancakes and waffles. It makes incredible waffles. But if you don’t want that mix, here are a couple other options:
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Pancake Mix
- Birch Benders Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Pancake Mix
- Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix
Now I like to make pancakes small because I like to pair them with other things, like this morning I had them with sausage, egg, and raspberries. And I also like to have them as snacks so a smaller size is perfect when you just need a little something to tide you over. I love having one of these with raw milk before I go to bed! And if you have kids, it’s the perfect size for slamming in your face while you explore a new texture and flavor. How do I know this since I don’t have kids? I suspect it based on watching so many kids try new foods on instagram. And I mean…how else do you eat a pancake?
Something I cannot wait to do with our own little babe is start a new tradition of pancake or waffle Sundays! This has been an idea since before I got pregnant. My Sundays as a kid were revolved around donuts from Winchell’s and they were glorious days. But I love the idea of cooking with our little girl, he learning to crack eggs, the kitchen being an insane mess, and her learning how to create her own meals. I didn’t grow up with a ton of traditions because my parents were so busy and I was a high energy kid that was hard to keep still, but I hope our daughter can learn to love cooking and creating together. Only time will tell! Until then, I’ll be feeding her all the protein pancakes I can get my hands on these days!
Super Easy Fluffy Protein Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 three inch pancakes 1x
- Place pancake mix and protein powder in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add in egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined. Depending on the protein powder used, you may need to add a bit more milk just to thin out the pancake mix. The mix should be slightly thinner, but not runny.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and grease. Once hot, use a cookie scoop to scoop out the perfect size mini pancake (I like mini size so they are perfect for snacks later, but you can also make large pancakes, as well). This mix will make 5-6 four inch pancakes or 12-14 three inch pancakes.
- Eat immediately or store in an air tight container and eat as snacks later on!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!