Dirty Chai Fluffy Pancakes
Holy sh*t cakes! Our wedding is coming up sooooo quickly! I don’t even know what I need to pack at this point. I have an entire table filled with swimsuits and outfits and shoes…but I still haven’t planned my wedding jewelry or makeup or any of that jazz. With our wedding being a destination wedding in Jamaica, we haven’t really planned anything other than I chose some flowers I didn’t hate and we asked for a speaker system. Other than that, that’s all we really have planned with the wedding. After seeing my friends get married here in Colorado, I’m so glad we did it this way. As the wedding gets closer and closer, I get less and less worried about how I will look that day, or about all the colors looking good together, and I’m not even worried about the weather. All I can really think about at this point is how I get to read my own vows to the man I love in an absolutely beautiful place. Then I get to hang out on the beach all week long with my closest friends. It’s going to be epic.
And much needed after our sewer line fiasco last week…especially since home insurance doesn’t cover “outside the dwelling.” So if our sewer line would have completely collapsed and flooded our basement with poo, we would have been covered. But since it’s outside, no can do, poopy poo. Insurance is so frustrating. Both health and home. I never use my insurance but I pay every single month. So should I actually hope something bad happens to me so it’s worth the money? Such bull. And now our fridge sounds like it has a jet engine in it…and our storage room is flooding, but we don’t know where the water is coming in from. I’m starting to wonder if this whole investment in owning our own home was the best decision. Renting sounds reaaaaaal nice right about now.
But let’s get on the positive train because I don’t want frown lines. Let’s talk about pancakes instead! I obviously love pancakes. I make different kinds of pancakes all the time. Like Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes, Lemon Raspberry Pancakes, Banana Vanilla Bean Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote, PB&J Pancakes or 3 Ingredient Simple Protein Pancakes. I like to make pancakes to have for brunch or I’ll just throw them all in a container to have for snacks throughout the week. It’s like eating fluffy cookies. Amirightoramiright?!
Cookies sound wonderful right now. But I’m trying to keep my diet just a little cleaner until the wedding…except I ate some chocolate and a caramel last night. Whoopsies!
Dirty Chai Fluffy Pancakes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup cold brew coffee
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add almond milk and 2 chai tea bags. Steep tea for about 5 minutes, until almond milk reduces and mixture darkens. The almond milk should reduce to about 3/4 cup. Squeeze out tea bags and throw away. Let mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Place cooled chai tea, coffee, eggs, honey and vanilla extra in a large bowl and whisk until combine.
- Then, while continuously whisking, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda, salt and all spices. Whisk until batter is well combined.
- Grease a pancake griddle and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a large ladle or ice cream scoop to pour each pancake. The batter should make 9-12 pancakes, depending how big you make them. Once each pancake begins to bubble, flip to cook on other side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with maple syrup and chopped pecans!
Sometimes different coconut flours and tapioca flours react differently. If your batter seems a bit thick, just add a little almond milk to the batter to loosen it up!
I love me some chai:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!