Remember when you first found out about chocolate shell? The kind of chocolate that was liquid when you poured it on your ice cream, then solid once it hit the ice cream? And how insanely exciting it was? No? That’s just me. Whatever.
This ice cream is BY FAR my favorite ice cream I have made. Truly. I absolutely love it. And had to put it in the freezer right away to make sure I didn’t eat the whole batch in one sitting. So don’t act like you weren’t warned.
OMG. Remember when I talked about coke head guy on Monday? I totally forgot to show you guys his picture. Don’t worry, his face is hidden, so I can’t get sued. But I wanted to prove to you that a hobbit really was on my plane.
Anywho, back to real life, since obviously he wasn’t a real human. Let’s talk about reality shows, since that’s total real life. These love reality shows are ridiculous. I mean why else would we like them. These shows are stupendously outrageously unrealistic. And when I say this, I’m mostly just talked about The Bachelor. It’s so addicting, you can’t turn away. We even have a weekly girls night dedicated to watching that blasphemy. Those girls are doing literally doing anything to win the heart of a man they know nothing about. Example A: the polar plunge. Oh yeah, I’ll totally get hypothermia in hopes of a guy giving me a rose that means absolutely nothing other than he’ll make out with me first before he makes out with 7 other women. Makes total sense. I guess it’s not sloppy seconds. Not really. It still kind of is. Gross.
Speaking of love, but in more realistic terms, OMG, Valentines Day is soon. Real soon. You know what that means? Well, it means Sergio gets back to Colorado from Afghanistan. Yep, after 6 months in a really lame place, he is back into our lives and back into our gym. So exciting!! It also means I’ll probably be eating large amounts of chocolate. Not because of Sergio, but because chocolate should always be consumed on Vday. ALWAYS. Hopefully it will be Taza. Maybe I’ll make a chocolate filled cake for that special someone. Or maybe for myself.
Did you know Schmidt from New Girl signed up for the CrossFit Games Open? He’s just the greatest.
I have a sore throat. I want warm orange juice. Yes, warm. Laura taught me that. It’s delicious.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (I used ground coffee)
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sunbutter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add all ice cream ingredients to it, except for the sunflower seed butter. Stir until cocoa powder is completely broken down and ingredients are smooth.
- Place saucepan in the freezer until cool. Mine took about an hour.
- Pour ice cream ingredients in your ice cream maker and turn on.
- When ice cream is almost done mixing, pour in the sunflower seed butter directly into the ice cream maker to churn with your chocolate ice cream.
- While ice cream is churning, place the chocolate shell ingredients in a bowl and in the microwave for about 30 seconds until everything is mixed. Whisk together until smooth.
- When ice cream is done churning, place in bowl and bowl chocolate shell on top! Maybe even a little extra sunflower seed butter! Boom.
- Eat up peanut butter cup!