No, these are not weed brownies. Freaking Coloradans.
So I remember this one weekend, when I was craving sweets hard core, and came across the amazing blog, Balanced Bites by Diane Sanfilippo and her Grain-Free Magic Cookie Bars. And they were AWESOME. Like way awesome. And the other night, when I wanted to make the glorious cookie bars again, I was saddened when I figured out I didn’t really have all the ingredients on hand. So I made up my own version. But in brownie form. I love brownies. I have many different kinds on my blog. Like sweet potato, or fudgy style, or cherry goodies. Now I’ll have magic ones. I’m so magical.
Remember how I didn’t post on Monday? I don’t know why I keep reminding you, but I felt real bad about it. But it was for good reason. You see, I was teaching some cooking classes at the Air Force Academy for the Fire Department. It was rad. I got to talk a lot, cook, and hang out with firefighters. How could I complain about that? One day I even got to shoot a firehose with a remote control. It was a fire engine that is made to put out airplane fires. It’s awesome. Does anyone else feel like I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about? I’m not good with my firefighting words.
Either way, it was a fun. I cooked them some Caramelized Onion and Sausage Stuffing and fed them Chewy Pecan Pie Brittle. I served the brittle first so they would like me and have a sugar buzz throughout my presentation. Get people high on sweets and they’ll stay interested for at least an hour. Pure facts right there.
I haven’t decided if I’m going to post anything on Thanksgiving. I could. Should I? What would I post about? Something intense. Let’s talk about intense stuff.
What does that even mean? God I’m weird.
- 15 dried medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees. I know, weird number, just do it.
- Now add your dates to the food processor and begin to pulse until you get a clumpy paste.
- Then add your coconut oil and cocoa powder to the food processor and puree until well mixed and it has become smoother.
- Then add your eggs, coconut flour, honey, vanilla, baking soda and powder, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with some extra coconut oil, then pour in your brownie mix and smooth out throughout the dish.
- Now make the top layer. Add your shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, and honey to a bowl and heat in the microwave. Don't tell me a microwave isn't paleo, you're not creative.
- Mix ingredients together ingredients until smooth then add your whisked egg whites and mix well.
- Pour topping over your brownie batter and smooth out until covering the entire surface of the brownie.
- Add dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into pieces. I LOVE THESE BROWNIES.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!