I know this picture sucks, but I had 3 minutes to take a picture. Busy days. Desperate measures. And I wanted to eat it. You know my self control.
Coffee cake still doesn’t make sense to me. There’s no coffee in it. I mean, I get it. You eat it with coffee. When I was younger, my good ole’ ma and I would go to a donut shop and get coffee cake donuts. I never ate them with coffee, so the name was dumb to me, but efffffffin’ A did I love them. I mean LOVE. And this little cake in a mug is pretty damn close to what it tasted like. And just so you know, I never called my mother, ma. Ever.
Sometimes, I really wish I didn’t love food so much. I’m pretty sure I’d be much smaller. And my thighs wouldn’t rub together while I ran. Then I could wear shorts!! But alas, I love food just way too much. Dang it.
So the other day, I walked out of a spin class 10 minutes early because I was so bored with the music. She was playing music from the Thriller era. I can’t sprint to that. I just can’t. I’m sure people feel that way about my music in the gym BUT….I got nothing. Now I know how it feels.
Has anyone else seen the Durex commercial for their massage stuff? Anyone else think it’s weird that the two people making out in the shower have clothes on? I do. I think it’s super weird. And unrealistic.
Enough about weird stuff I like to talk about. Let’s talk about a couple paleo products I’m into right now. Just a few. First, remember the Fat-Burning Chef Ebook I talked about the other day? This ebook includes over 100 recipes from 20 different paleo bloggers and chefs. Including me!! Well, it’s still $20 off and you still have time to win a FREE iPad and $100 Amazon Gift Card! Rad huh? Don’t miss out! buy it now!
Now, if you’re looking for a snack that’s already made for you. You need to check out these 2 products.
- Nohmad Snacks. They have all raw snacks which include chocolate chip and carrot cake cookies. AND raw chocolates like peppermint crunch and hazelnut with sea salt. I was STOKED when I tried these snacks. I absolutely love them. And right now, if you use the promo code ‘paleomg’ you will get free shipping on orders over $25!! Woot! Cool noise, eh?
- Kolat Fusion nut butters. Like, whoa. Delicious. I even used one of their products in my mini ice cream pops. Their nut butter flavors include Blueberry Cinnamon Walnut, Dark Chocolate Coconut, Cherry Vanilla Almond, and Espresso Hazelnut. I want to swim in their nut butters. Well, that was weird.
And just so you guys know, this is definitely my favorite cake in a mug. I’ve made a chocolate cake and a 21DSD pumpkin cake both in mugs, but this one is the best so far. You’re gonna LOVE it. Like for real foo.
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter, melted -I used Kerrygold butter (you could coconut oil as well)
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter, at room temperature or slightly cold
- 1 tablespoon almond flour/meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (7 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk, stored in fridge overnight (I used Thai kitchen)
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- Mix all cake ingredients in a mug and mix well.
- Place all topping ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to pinch the ingredients together.
- Add topping ingredients on top of cake ingredients. Place in microwave and cook for 3 minutes. Let sit to slightly cool.
- While the cake is cooking, place the solid cream that has hardened at the top of the can in a bowl and whisk together with maple syrup.
- Top cake with whipped cream. Eat up. Amazing. Truly amazing