So this is my new favorite meal. I mean, before Christmas, I think I ate it for every single meal in a day for at least a week straight. It’s not really a recipe, more like a bunch of sh*t thrown in a pan to create a harmonious love child of food. That’s at least how I see it. Really it’s just me obsessing over bacon and brussel sprouts, which should ALWAYS go together.
Guess what I’m doing. Buying a bikini already. Yep, I’m officially ready for summer. Colorado has been way too cold lately. And do not tell me to stop complaining because I have it easy in Colorado. I know I do. That’s why I live here. BUT Colorado usually gets really cold for a week, then is back to the 50’s and slightly warm. But no no no, Colorado has pretty much stayed under 30 degrees since Christmas. Too long. I’ve been trying to run on a regular basis (yes it’s embarrassing. i’m so awkward) but my feet go numb throughout my whole run. That could be due to the fact that I have some sort of pinched nerve in my ass, but I’m blaming it on the cold weather.
Wait, back to my point. I’ve been looking at some good ol’ swimsuits on Victoria’s Secret and I want to buy quite a few. Damn those models making every swim suit look good. It’s so annoying when you find the most adorable swim suit on there and then get it for yourself, try it on, and then are blasted in the face with disappointment. Blasted. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I would never want to be that thin. I got pretty thin at one point and looked incredibly malnourished. BUT I would appreciate a swim suit to look good on me. And I haven’t quite found one yet. I feel like an awkward turtle in all of them. Similar to my running style. Awkward turtle all the way around.
Speaking of running and weird things, I wanted to share some of my favorite music I’ve been running to since a reader asked me yesterday. I have found out reeeeeeeeal quick that running without music is awful. So I proceeded onto add music to Sergio’s playlist since I’m poor and can’t afford $9.oo a month to add it. Ok, I can afford it. But don’t really want to. Sergio is over it though, and regrets giving me his password. So he said once he is back from Afghanistan, I have to get my own. Damnit. There goes a savings account I could have had. Thanks Sergio, thanks.
Wow. I’m a b*tch. And a moocher. Obviously.
- Hall of Fame – The Script feat. Will.i.am
- Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia
- Can’t Stop Me – Afrojack
- Feel this Moment – Pitbull feat Christina Aguilera
- Locked out of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Glass Danse – The Faint
- She Wolf – David Guetta
- Safe and Sound – Capital Cities
- Bottoms Up – KeKe Palmer
- Drinking from the Bottle – Calvin Harris
That’s all I got. These are the songs that are keeping me from crying while running. And I’m about to go run after JUST eating this meal. I’m about to burp brussel sprouts the whole time. Wonderful.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 4 tablespoons of zesty ranch to the pan along with the minced garlic clove. Then toss in your brussel sprouts.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the brussel sprouts and let them sit for a couple minutes until they begin to burn just a bit.
- Use a spoon or a flip of your wrist to turn the brussel sprouts over to cook on the other side.
- Once the brussel sprouts have been flipped, add in a tablespoon of water and cover the pan with a lid. Keep an eye on them, being sure to move them around once more so the little guys don't stick to the pan.
- While the brussel sprouts finish cooking, add a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add your piece of bacon that has been cut in half to the pan. As soon as the fat begins to render out into the pan, add the sliced chicken sausage.
- Once your bacon is ready to flip, flip the bacon along with the sausage to cook on opposite side.
- When your brussel sprouts are soft enough to stick a fork through, remove from heat, salt and pepper once more, then place in bowl.
- Top with your cooked bacon and sausage.
- Done and done.