Well crap. I just woke up this morning feeling fine, sat down on the couch to cuddle with the puppy dog and I felt a pain shoot up my neck and now I can barely turn my head. What in the what?! I think I may have been cursed since last night I heard a cat fighting with some other creature. I bet it was a black cat and now I’m effed because I didn’t run outside at 3am to save it. So now I’m trying not to move my neck even in the slightest because it shoots sharp pains up and down my spine. Totally normal.
I turn 29 next month. This older age (no, I’m not saying I’m old, stop freaking out) is really starting to rear her ugly head and I’m not into it. Aches and pains, skin texture changing, more moles. I’ve had 3 moles in the past month removed now to check for cancer. Luckily, we are good so far. But I have about 524 to cross off my list. Cute.
Speaking of 30, I want to start planning my 30th birthday trip. I’m not a huge birthday person. I don’t like people feeling obligated to talk to me or give me things because it’s the day I shot out of my mother’s womb. I just like spending that day however I’d like – which means I usually work, go to the gym, then get myself some gluten free cake. I don’t need presents or FB wishes. If I want something, I will just make myself work hard enough to earn it. BUT I do like an excuse to plan a trip somewhere. And a part of me REALLY wants to go to Greece. But that’s an expensive trip and most of my friends are shooting out babies or just don’t want to spend that much money on travel. I’m already told daily that I’m an only child and act out only child behaviors on a daily basis, so just saying eff it and going to Greece could come off a tad selfish.
So where should I (meaning we…there I go with the only child stuff) go?! I’ve been to Mexico so many times but a blogger I follow just started posting some photos from Playa del Carmen and it looks pretty damn awesome! And it’s so easy to get to and affordable compared to other options.
PS – still can’t move my neck. Send help! And cake!
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (or coconut vinegar for strict paleo)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tuna steak or sushi grade tuna (I used a tuna steak for this)
- 2 tablespoons high heat avocado oil
- 1 batch cauliflower rice
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- green onions, sliced
- pickled ginger
- pinch of black sesame seeds
- pinch of white sesame seeds
- Whisk together the coconut aminos, sriracha, sesame oil, vinegar and salt. Reserve ½ the mixture and set aside. Place tuna steak in a shallow dish then pour the other ½ of the mixture on top. Cover and set in the fridge to marinate for 3 or more hours, turning to tuna half way through.
- Once the tuna is done marinating, make the cauliflower rice and set to the side to keep warm while you finish the rest of the bowl.
- Place a medium stainless steel pan over medium high heat and add the avocado oil. Once pan is super hot, place the marinated tuna steak in the pan and sear on both sides for 1 minute. Remove from pan after the 2 minutes and place on a cutting board to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While the tuna steak rests, dice the cucumber and avocado and begin to build the bowls.
- Thinly slice the tuna steak against the grain and top on your rice bowl. Garnish with green onions, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds and use the ½ reserved marinade to splash on top of your tuna bowls!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!