Citrus Yogurt Chia Bowls
This super easy citrus yogurt chia bowl recipe is packed with freshly squeezed mandarin juice, grassfed yogurt for tons of protein, and chia seeds to help keep you satiated for hours! But don’t skimp on the toppings! Every crunch is a must-have with this recipe!
Ever since I got pregnant, I’ve looked at my own personal diet from a whole new lens. Instead of just worrying about my health, I have the health of a little girl cooking up inside. And that’s a huge responsibility!! So I’ve taken my diet very seriously and will continue to do so throughout pregnancy and beyond, as I heal. This is a meal or snack I will have on a regular basis now and here are a few reason why:
- Full-fat grassfed dairy is not only a great source of protein, but dairy has K2 which is super important for dental arch formation, teeth development, and face and jaw formation for the fetus.
- Chia seeds not only help you go (which is something many pregnant women struggle with), but they can help balance blood sugar levels and prevent iron deficiencies in newborns.
- Fruit is great for fiber, packed with nutrients, and tons of vitamins such as folate. Folate helps with growth and development and may prevent birth defects.
Other things I like to add to yogurt bowls include bee pollen since it contains tons of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus it may help reduce inflammation in the body. I also love raw honey for these same benefits! Then you always gotta have granola for the simple fact of joy. I love the fact of granola having oats in it for added fiber, but I mostly do it for the enjoyment in life. Some of my favorites include:
- Safe + Fair granola
- Purely Elizabeth
- Jessica’s Natural Foods
All three are so damn good so I’ll let you pick your favorite! But if you have a brand you think is a must-try, let me know in the comments section!
Now the key with chia seeds is letting them sit for a while. And a while could be just 5 minutes or so. The longer they sit, they more they puff up a bit and become more enjoyable for the palate. That felt like a weird sentence, but you get my point. I don’t personally want to bite into raw, crunchy chia seeds. It’s just not my thing. But I do love them soaked overnight, blended into smoothies, or mixed into yogurt. I had the most amazing chia pudding in California while staying at Hotel California in Santa Barbara and it’s exactly what inspired this dish. All the citrus we had there was incredible and now I’m craving it daily! Hopefully you dig this bowl as much as I do! And if you’re pregnant, I hope this helps you get some extra nutrients in your day!
Citrus Yogurt Chia Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 servings 1x
- 1.5 cups grassfed full-fat yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- zest of 2 mandarin oranges
- juice of 1 mandarin orange (more, if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 mandarin orange, for topping
- 1/4–1/3 cup granola of choice
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- mint leaves, for garnish
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, chia seeds, honey, zest and juice of mandarin orange, and vanilla extract. Once combined, place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Top yogurt bowl with sliced mandarin oranges, granola, blueberries, bee pollen, and mint before serving!
What I Used to Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Lemon Berry Chia Pudding Parfaits
Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
6 thoughts on “Citrus Yogurt Chia Bowls”
I am so sensitive to sugars in fruit, even more so than a dessert, so I can’t do orange juice. I love the beauty of this bowl though and WANT it!! Could I keep it to the zest alone, or any ideas…? Granola suggestion- Heartbeet Kitchen’s giant cluster granola. The texture and taste are insane, and the crunch is like shattering glass- totally addictive.
zest would still be great!! and i’ll have to check out that granola, giant cluster sounds AWESOME
This looks delicious! I’ve been reading and researching pro-metabolic diet and I’m 25 weeks pregnant. I have yet to do raw dairy, but my question is, where do you find quality raw dairy? Whole Foods? A co-op? Thanks!
it really depends where you live since it’s illegal in some states so you’ll have to do some research and you may have to reach out to a local farmer!
Where do you get your bee pollen? I have no Whole Foods 🙁
here’s my favorite – https://rstyle.me/+njm2O-Q-5um-b3ZdtJqN_w