SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Cold Citrus Shrimp Zoodle Bowl
Last week, when I worked with Britni from Inspyre Boutique, she gave me a GIANT zucchini. The size you can’t find in the stores. And asked me to make something with it because she was sick of just sautéed and grilled zucchini. Automatically I thought of a dessert recipe, of course, but she told me she wasn’t super in to sweets so I decided making a pasta would be a better idea. Dang it. And you know what? We always eat our zucchini pasta warm, why not have a cold pasta this time? Boom. A recipe was born.
But since the zucchini was the size of a newborn, it was tough to spiralize it on my Paderno Spiralizer, so instead I used my Julienne Slicer instead, which is much cheaper and smaller in size if you’re looking to spiralize some veggies. Just a fact for your day.
So if your garden is birthing human sized zucchinis like crazy, here are a handful of zucchini recipes from my site!
I hate keeping secrets. I’m not good at it. If it’s someone super important to me who asks me to keep a secret, then for sure, I can shut my mouth. But if it’s a secret not worth holding in, I’m terrible. Like the one I have now. I’m constantly instagramming on the project work I’m doing, which I’m obviously keeping a secret about, and it’s killing me. All I want to do is tell you and the word vomit is right at the back of my throat…but alas. Instead I will keep just pushing it down until the right time comes. So you can just be annoyed with me instead. Great.
Guess what?! I go to San Diego soon. Yep. I love that city. It’s just gorgeous. I really wouldn’t mind living there if it wasn’t about a bazillion dollars to live on the beach. Anywho, last time I stopped in San Diego, it was for a book signing for our first book tour. This time it is for a giveaway for a person who won an all exclusive paid trip to San Diego to celebrate The Paleo Kitchen cookbook! This second trip means I will have A LOT more room in my suitcase as well as a lot more time to do a little San Diego fun. You know what that means!! SHOPPPPPPING!! There is an adorable boutique right down the street from my hotel called Vocabulary that I will absolutely be stopping by while I walk to the restaurants in Little Italy. Do you guys know of any other boutiques in San Diego? Please please say yes.Print
Cold Citrus Shrimp Zoodle Bowl
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 pound peeled, uncooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 very large zucchini (or 3 medium) spiraled or julienne sliced
- zest of 1/2 a lime
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 clementines, peeled and separated
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- pinch of black pepper
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat, add butter.
- While pan is heating up, pat shrimp dry with paper towels then sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Place in hot pan and cooked on both sides for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once shrimp are done cooking, remove and set aside in a glass bowl.
- In the pan still over medium heat, add zucchini noodles and toss for 2-3 minutes just to get the zucchini tender. Then place in bowl with shrimp.
- Lastly, in a small bowl, whisk together zest, juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Pour over shrimp and noodles, then fold in clementines and basil.
- Place in refrigerator to let cool for an hour.
- Add a pinch of black pepper before serving.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!