Easy Protein Crunch Bars
These insanely easy peanut butter bars are packed with protein, mixed with the perfect crunch, and topped with a fiber-rich chocolate spread. They are great for an afternoon snack or a little post-workout treat!
The other day, while I was sitting at home listening to a podcast, really not wanting to do anything…this bish needed a snack. And I wanted something homemade. So I started doing some digging in the pantry and pulled out ingredients I knew wouldn’t let me down:
- Peanut butter. But not any peanut butter. I only want the peanut butter that has peanuts in it and maybe some salt. No palm oil, no sugars. I prefer to add my own amount of sugar because I’m a picky bitch.
- Maple syrup because it’s my favorite sweetener.
- Chocolate granola butter. We have a pantry shelf filled with granola butter and it’s one of my favorite snacks ever.
Then I wanted some crunch to the mix so I grabbed a bag of puffed quinoa. I’ve been loving puffed quinoa lately as a salad topper or on top of yogurt for extra fiber. So when I thought about all these ingredients together, BOOM, my spin on crunch bars! Remember those crunch bars you used to eat as a little kid when you bought a shit ton of random candy at 7/11? Those were the days. The unhealthy, sick days. Well these bars are much better for you and packed with protein, fiber, and some healthy fats!
And these bars are family approved! I always test my recipes on my husband, who is a bit of a critic because he always unknowingly wants to be the devil’s advocate in every situation. It’s quite annoying…because it’s quite helpful. He makes me question everything which is one of the many reasons I love him so much. Well, the critic loved them. Then I tested it on my brother-in-law who LOVES sweets. Can trust him to pumped me up. And then I tested it on my sister-in-law who could care less about sweets. She’s a bit harder to please. All three loved the bars so I decided they were worth putting on the blog! Now I just need this little girl to greet us with her presence so I can see what she likes and if they are kid-approved!
Easy Protein Crunch Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Then mix in protein powder and salt.
- Fold in puffed quinoa until combined.
- Pour into baking dish and press down evenly throughout.
- Pour chocolate granola butter on top and spread evenly on top to the edges of the baking dish.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour before cutting into 16 bars. Store in fridge.
What I Used to Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!