Easy Sheet Pan Spatchcock Chicken Dinner
Well hellooooooo out there! I’m currently lying on the couch with a heating pad at my feet (favorite purchase of the year), a dog on my lap and I’m watching a pretty epic sunrise. Not a bad start to my Thursday. Why are sunrises so damn cool? And sunsets? Some of the best sunrises I’ve ever seen have been in Cabo and the best sunset was in Costa Rica. I truly can’t even remember what I had for lunch 2 days ago but I can’t remember sunrises and sunsets. So weird. You know what isn’t weird? How fantastically easy this recipe is. The hardest part is removing the backbone of a chicken and that take all of 30 seconds. It’s one of those meals that all you have to do is prep, bake, and eat. Easy meals are magical.
So I need to switch gears a little bit and chat toilets with you. I know I know, it’s exactly what you wanted to talk about today when you came to a blog post about chicken. But I’m serious. We’ve never designed anything in our house and now we are taking a shot at our master bathroom. And the thing about our bathroom now is…I hate the toilet. I didn’t really know that you could hate a toilet, but I do. It’s stupid. So I’ve started toilet shopping. It’s quite thrilling. Someone here mentioned that I HAD to get a skirted toilet. But the more I started looking at some of the bathrooms I love online, the more I noticed they all had the same toilet. It’s one of those toilets that has no back to it, it just looks like it’s floating up against the wall. Like this one. I don’t really understand it. Where the hell does the water go? I don’t honestly care as long as it works. And doesn’t fall off the wall while I’m sitting on it. But if you have toilet suggestions, I’m here for them.
Now that we talked about toilets, let’s talk about the weekend. Because I have BIG plans. Just kidding, I hate plans. Here’s what I’m thinking – yoga sculpt, toilet shopping (where the hell is a toilet shop??), tile store, curry, coffee shop work day, and waffle lunch Sunday. I made waffles for lunch last Sunday and questioned why the hell I don’t regularly do this. I always envy the people who go get donuts on Sunday, but since my week would be wrecked from a donut Sunday routine, paleo waffles have now become my favorite past time. What are your plans for the weekend? Tell me everything. Are you toilet shopping? We just get each other.
Easy Sheet Pan Spatchcock Chicken Dinner
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 4–5 pound whole chicken, giblets removed
- 3–4 tablespoons Primal Palate Steak Seasonings
- 4–5 gold potatoes, quartered
- 4–5 carrots, chopped (similar size as the potatoes)
- 2–3 bulbs of garlic
- avocado oil or other fat
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place chicken breast side down, with the legs towards you. Using poultry shears, cut up along each side of the backbone to remove it. Turn the chicken over then press down on the breastbone with the heel of your hand to flatten it out. Place the flattened chicken on a baking sheet.
- Toss potatoes and carrots in avocado oil, salt and pepper and garlic powder and place throughout the sheet pan around the chicken. Then cut off the end of the garlic bulb, exposing the cloves of garlic and pour some avocado oil into the bulb to coat, sprinkle with salt and place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven to bake for 50 minutes, until the thickest part of the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once everything is cooked, slice the chicken to serve then squeeze the garlic cloves out. I eat these garlic cloves by themselves but they are great when you mash them and mix it with a little olive oil and salt! Sprinkle with parsley on top and eat up, buttercup!
More Sheet Pan Meals!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!