Posted by https://paleomg.com/egg-free-breakfast-bowls/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 3 sweet potatoes, cubed (whatever color you prefer)
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds breakfast sausage
- 2 heads of dino kale, roughly chopped and massaged
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup pico de gallo*
- 1 cup guacamole*
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, toss sweet potatoes in 3 tablespoons of avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder, then place evenly throughout the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing them half way through to help brown on all sides.
- Once the sweet potatoes have 15 minutes left to cook, place a large nonstick pan over medium heat and add the breakfast sausage. Break into small pieces and cook until browned and no pink remains.
- While the breakfast sausage is cooking, place another nonstick pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil to it. Add the chopped kale and sauté for about 5 minutes, then add the salt, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Toss to coat and then add the lemon juice.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, build 4 bowlw - sweet potatoes on the bottom, then breakfast sausage, sautéed kale, pico de gallo, guacamole, and top it all off with some chopped cilantro!
*You can make your own pico de gallo and guacamole OR buy it in store, like I did...because I'm lazy at breakfast