I’ve come a long way in the 8 years I’ve had this blog. Before I couldn’t even stand the thought of salads and now I’m sharing them on a regular basis. Salads use to be a trigger word for me because they just reminded me of my starving-myself days. But now I just think of them as bowls filled with tons of fresh, delicious vegetables. No need to diet. Just eat. And after traveling through the Bahamas and eating salads almost every day for lunch, I’m feeling inspired to create even more!
As I try to type out this post, I keep getting distracted with some online shopping. Our trip to Bali is just around the corner which means it’s sneaking up hella fast. I’m on the hunt for dresses that don’t need me to wear a real bra. It’s Bali, who wants to wear a real bra there?? I really can’t believe it’s already August, which means it will be the end of August in 22 minutes. Time is stressing me out. But I feel parents must be jumping for joy now that it’s back to school. I forget what children are like since I’m never really around them, but while I was in Cabo I saw children playing from 8am and going strong until 10pm. How do parents do it? I would be so freaking tired.
The whole topic of having children still seems to come up in my life. But my mind hasn’t changed. My womb is quite happy with a vacant sign on it. And have you guys watched the show ‘Working Moms’ on Netflix? It’s the freaking best. Or have you watched ‘The Let Down’ on Netflix? I just started it and it’s pretty damn funny. Yet oh so depressing at the same time. I told my hair stylist the other day that those shows make me even more scared to have children. And she said, “Oh, I would have never had children if I saw those shows first.” I feel like so many comedy shows about motherhood are coming out and they’re telling the real story about being a mom and scares the tits out of me!! Can I just remind you moms out there that you’re all saints and I bow down to you!!
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in*
- salt, to taste
For the salad
- 14 ounces romaine heart leaves
- 1 bundle watercress greens, cut from the stems
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free soft herb cheese**
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. While air fryer preheats, pat chicken thighs dry and sprinkle with salt on all sides. Once preheated, add chicken thighs to wire basket leaving room between each chicken thigh to help cook evenly throughout. Cook at 400 degrees F and for 20 minutes. Once time is up and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, let rest for a couple minutes, then top with pepper.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the salad. Layer it however you like - romaine hearts, watercress, cherry tomatoes, prosciutto slices, green apple, avocado, red onion, then the soft herb cheese.
- Finish it all off by make this dressing - place all ingredients for the dressing in a jar, close, then shake until combined.
- Top the chicken on the salad then pour the dressing over top before serving!
*You can remove the bone if you prefer, this will cut down the cooking time
**I used Treeline cashew milk soft herb cheese
Mix Up Your Summer Salad:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Chicken / Salads / Veggies