Instant Pot Pork Ramen
It’s here!!! The ramen recipe I’ve been messing around with for quite some time has finally come to fruition. My ramen obsession began last year when I tried Tonkoksu Ramen for the first time. It’s pretty impossible to find a wheat and soy free ramen out there since every legit ramen place uses delicious ingredients like soy sauce, miso, mirin and other delicious Asian, non paleo ingredients. They also create their ramen in a multi-step process to get the most delicious broth, which is often cooked down for up to 48 hours. But for me…I ain’t got time for that.
So something I need you to face now is that this won’t taste just like the original ramen out there. Not being able to work with those Asian ingredients makes things more challenging. But you will get a deliciously rich broth that you can add anything to. When I made this for myself and my husband, I added white rice since that’s a regular occurrence in our diet. But you could add cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles and any veggie you prefer! I definitely want to play around with a true ramen recipe, but since this blog is paleo AND I try to keep my recipes under 24 hours, this will have to do for now. I guess I’m not really talking it up, but I promise you it’s delicious. Especially with the runny yolk mixed in!
But enough about ramen, let’s talk about the weather. Normal friendship talk. This morning my husband told me that Chicago and Minnesota are suppose to be colder than Mount Everest today. Colder than Mount Everest. How does that make any sense whatsoever? I also saw on the news that you can get frostbite in Minnesota after 5 minutes of being outside. With all that being said…WHY DO PEOPLE LIVE IN MINNESOTA?! I know nothing about MN and I’ve never been, but that’s just f*cked up. No human or animal, maybe other than a polar bear, should be in that type of weather. Ever. Denver dumped snow yesterday and I had to shoot running photos in 9 degree weather this am, but the sun was shining and it definitely didn’t feel like 9 degrees. I also did not get frostbite. If you’re living MN right now, or even Chicago, I recommend moving. I know what’s best for you.
Ok I’ll stop being annoying by talking about the weather. Let’s chat true crime instead. Have you watched the new Ted Bundy documentary on Netflix? I’m SO FREAKING INTO true crime, but I definitely don’t recommend watching that documentary at night. I woke up multiple times throughout the night picturing his creepy face and intense unibrow. When do you think we decided to remove the unibrow from our world. Obviously not everyone, but I think it’s safe to say that 99.99% of the population is not turned on by a unibrow. It actually makes me quite sick to my stomach. Just pluck it, man. You can even use your fingernails. Just remove the bush between your eyes, for the love of god. People always talk about how people trusted Bundy because of his good looks. But I’m pretty sure I would have taken on look at that brow and ran full speed in the opposite direction.
Now that’s I’ve talked about the weather, murderers, and the true crime of unibrow, let’s just get to cooking. For the people who hate reading what I have to say before the recipe itself, I’m sorry. Not really, but kind of. If you ever meet me in person, I’ll probably only talk about true crime and food. It’s really the only two things I think about. And what my dog is doing. Ok, that’s enough out of me, byeeeeeee.
Instant Pot Pork Ramen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 batch Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5lbs pork shoulder blade, boneless (or other pork roast), cubed
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shitake mushrooms
- 32 ounces beef bone broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- a couple hefty pinches of salt
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 bok choy, pulled away from stem
- 4 eggs
- green onions, thinly sliced
- cilantro, torn
- Make Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly. This is totally optional.
- Place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add sesame oil then place the cubed pork in the basin to cook on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side, until browned. Remove pork from pan and set aside. Add onions and cook down for 10 minutes, until caramelized. Press cancel. Add pork back in along with mushrooms, broth, garlic, coconut aminos, sriracha, coconut vinegar, lime juice, ginger, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and lots of salt. Mix to combined.
- Secure lid then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 30 minutes. Once time is up, let the pressure release on its own for 10 minutes, then release any extra pressure and remove lid.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve then place the strained liquid back in the basin. This is the perfect time to taste the broth and add any extra salt, sriracha and/or red pepper flakes. The coconut aminos along with the onions can make the broth a tad sweet so add whatever you need for your taste.
- Add carrots, bok choy and eggs to the liquid, secure lid, then press manual to high pressure and set time at 3 minutes. While the eggs cook, make a bowl filled with ice water. Once time is up, quick release the pressure then remove the eggs and place directly into the ice water to stop the cooking.
- Last but not least, remove the pork from the mesh sieve (discard onions and mushrooms unless you would like that in your ramen), break pork apart with forks, and place in the air fryer to cook for 10 minutes, until crispy. This can also be done in the pan or in the oven under the broiler.
- Then all you have to do is build your ramen – ladle broth with veggies into a bowl. Top broth with crispy pork belly and shredded pork, peel the eggs and cut in half, then top it all with green onions and cilantro!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!