Instant Pot Sticky Asian Pork Spare Ribs
To me, ribs are intimidating. I don’t want to overcook them, I don’t want to undercook them, so how do I perfectly cook them? Well what has worked best for me is using an instant pot. An instant pot cuts down on time, it cooks the ribs to perfection, then all I have to do is quickly crisp them up in the oven. It’s a real win-win because I know they will come out perfectly every time. And these Asian-inspired ribs are change up between the normal summer BBQ style ribs!
I’ve recently been doing a freezer clean out ever since I decided I wanted to put together A TON of postpartum recipes. I want our freezer to be fully stocked with meals that simply need to be reheated then enjoyed. I’ve been prepping for birth and the postpartum period like crazy…but my husband has not. So I’m not sure that he’s fully ready for what is about to hit him. And because of that, I’m making sure meals are covered so he doesn’t have to use that part of his brain and it can be used for all the other stuff that happens when you have a newborn for the first time. And because of this clean out, I’ve been finding meat in my freezer that I completely forgot about, including spare ribs from ButcherBox. I had a ton of packs sitting at the bottom of my freezer that I had simply put off since I have a fear of messing ribs up. Well, I pulled my big girl pants on and got to work on these Asian spare ribs and they did not let me down. And Brian was PUMPED for them. He loved them, which is always how I decide to put a recipe on my blog or not. So glad this one was blog-worthy!
But enough about juicy ribs, can we talk about the glory and the beauty that is springtime? Fall is kind of stupid, winter can straight go to hell, but spring…I dig spring. It means summer is here. And that means it’s about to get HOT. I would much rather be in a hot state of being vs cold. Hence why we are going to Cabo for our babymoon next month instead of a place like Iceland. A sweet follower reached out and said that she went to Iceland for her babymoon and it was incredible. I don’t doubt it was. But Iceland in May means rain and a high of 50 degrees. My nightmare. So instead, we are taking the short flight to Cabo for our 1793804132 time to enjoy highs of 90 degrees and lows of around 70. My dream. I plan to tan, eat, float, and eat some more. It will be our last trip before this little girl greets us and I absolutely cannot wait to enjoy every single minute of it. Hopefully they have some ribs there.
Instant Pot Sticky Asian Pork Spare Ribs
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 8 hours 40 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 servings 1x
For the marinade
- 3lbs pork spare ribs, cut in between the bones into individual ribs
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
For the sticky topping
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup date sweet chili sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha
- sesame seeds
- fresno peppers, sliced
- green onions, sliced
- Place spare ribs in a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, which together all the ingredients for the marinade then pour over the ribs. Cover and place in the fridge for 8 or more hours.
- Once marinated, pour 1 cup of water (you can also use beef broth) in the basin of the instant pot then place the rack on top (that comes with the instant pot) and place the spare ribs inside the pot, stacking the ribs as needed.
- Secure the lid, close off the pressure valve, turn on and press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 30 minutes then quick release the valve.
- Turn oven to broil. Place a rack on top of a baking sheet then use tongs to place each rib on the rack. Sprinkle salt on each rib. Mix together the ingredients for the sticky topping and use a basting brush to brush the topping onto each rib. Place in the oven to broil for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Top with sesame seeds, peppers, and green onions before serving!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!